18: Kelin P.O.V. (again)

14 hours later, we reached the gates to our headquarters. I lowered my window to type in the code on the keypad outside. After I put the code in, the gates openned. When they got wide enough, I drove my baby up the driveway, into the garage.

Our HQ was a mansion, well, to others. It was a big brick painted white with purple flowers here and there with a forest in the surrounding area.

I openned my car door to be greeted by the one and only Tech-boy. He was pretty cool. He wasnt too skinny, he had quite a bit of muscle and he doesnt bow down to authority either. But then, none of us do. If we did, we'd all end up in the C.C. Anyway, Tech-boy is also a BIG technology freak, true to his nickname, but he has a bit of a bad temper.

"Hey Techy, whats up?"

"Chillin, you?" Techy replied, pulling a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket.

"Nothing, caught some fresh meat." I said. I stopped and looked at him as he lit a cig. up.

"When will you quit?" I asked.

"Never." He replied. "Well, lets see em." He said while openning the backseat's door. The kid was still knocked out. I looked back at Techy. He stood in complete shock. His face was pale, his eyes were bulging out and his cig. was dropped to the floor.

"Yo, Tech-boy, you ok?" I asked. My question went ignored. "Whoo hoo." I said, snapping my fingers in his face. My snapping broke him out of his shock and brought him to reality.

"Fuck off." He said. His face started to turn all different shades of red. Oh shit, hes pissed. I thought.

"Where the fuck did you find him?" Techy threw at me.

"We found him at an airport in Philly. Why?" I asked. Techy seemed to be staring daggers at the knocked out kid.

"I've gotta go." He said, then turned around and left, knocking over a table that was littered with tools. Lauren got out of the car and walked around to greet me.

"Who shit in his cornflakes?" She said.

"I dont know." I replied. I turned my head to look at the kid. He was sitting there, his head leaning forwards, lost in sleep. What could this kid have done to piss Techy off? I thought. The kid didnt even do anything.

"So," Lauren said, "We gonna leave him here, or what?"

"I think we should leave him here." I said sarcastically. "The first thing he'd want to wake up to is being in a stranger's car." I undid the kid's seat belt and lifted him out.

"Get the door for me, will ya?" I asked Lauren.

"K." She said as she shut my car door then ran around me to open the door to the house, or mansion.

Our house was prett cool. It looks like any other mansion from every other movie. There are two stairways, one on each side of the room, with a glass chandelier in the center. At the top of the stairways was a hallway with rooms on both sides. Pretty normal.

I walked up the stairs on the left side, holding the kid tight so I dont drop him. When I got to the top, I took the first door on the right and entered.

"Thanks for finishing the room, Roy." I telepathed to Royden.

"Welcome." He sent back.

The room was like everybody elses, except it wasnt personalized. The walls were a turquoise color, the pueen sized bed was green, along with the curtains. There was a flat screen TV on the wall hooked up to an xbox and dvd player so he can watch movies. There was a walk-in closet to the right of it. Roy did a good job.

I walked over and set the kid on the bed and left the room.