Move Away

"Josh." My dad said with mom clinging to his side. Her smile was ten times bigger than his. I could tell by his voice and her smile that this was gonna be bad. Its that feeling you get when your siblings (if you have any) give you the biggest smile and ask for a hug, you just know somethings gonna go down.

"Yeah." I said, tossing my backpack to the couch removing my headphone from my left ear, suddenly curious.

"We've got a present for you." He said and handed me a box wrapped in flourescent blue paper. Mom smiled more as I accepted the gift. Her smile looked huge. I stared at him, then to mom, then the box, confusion written all over my face. I started studying it like it was from a different dimension.

"Whats this for?" My birthday wasn't for another 5 months, and there were no holidays nearby. I shook he box, trying to get information to give me a hint of what it is.

My dad ignored my question and stared at me expectantly, along with my mom. There was a long moment of silence. Akward.

"Well," mom said, nodding her head to the box, "you going to open it?"

I hesitantly lifted my hand up slowly and unwrapped what was inside, all the while, keeping my eyes on them. After the paper was off, I slowly lifted the flaps that were in the way. Once they were removed, I stared at my parents in complete confusion.

"Whats this supposed to be?" I asked, lifting up the object. what the fuck? The 'thing' was made of denim. They looked like pants, but with a long part in front that goes on to cover the chest, with a loop on each side. Is this some sort of joke?

"They are overalls." My dad said, he seemed happy. "Were moving to Kansas."

"What? Wheres that?" All my feelings went to overdrive.

"How long have you been planning this?" I was paralyzed.

"We've thought about it for a while, now." My dad replied.

"When are we moving?"

"In two weeks."

WHAT?! You've never told me? What do i tell Mikey and Ray? 'Oh, hey guys, im gonna move who knows how many miles away next week. Nice knowing ya.' Dude, they're my bestest friends. I can't just pack up and run without a warning. The thoughts kept crouding my mind. My friends are everything to me. They've been by my side as I've been by theirs since elementary. I can't just ditch them. The fury in me kept climbing to unmeasurable heights.

My frustration broke as I leaped off the couch and ran to the door. I openned it, fast, then slammed it closed with all my strength. Then I ran out, into the night.

----------------------------------

I know. I totally screwed it up. I was supposed to put this chapter on chapter 2. Ya know, to make it one longer chapter. O'well. So, I wanna know if any one likes it so far. Mabe tell me if I gotta fix anything or add more detail next time or somethin'. let me know. Don't be afraid to say if I need to fix something!