Chapter 15- Alfredo Sauce

Hi guys. I hope you enjoy the coming chapter. This one could possibly be the start of a conflict, but then again I'm not sure, cause I scrapped my story plan. 😅😅😅 Wish me luck,

No honestly, help meeeee.....😂

~~~~~~~~~~~~*°*°*~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jess' POV

After Maya and Xander left to go and get food, I was left alone with Brody and Mara. Brody and I were kind of friends, but I hadn't talked to Mara once before Maya came to town.

"So, how do you know Maya?" Mara questioned, squinting her eyes.

"We met 5 years ago. She's basically my sister." I summarised, suddenly feeling hungry myself.

"Xander said you lived together ... Were you in the same foster home or something? Wait are you a foster kid?"

"Sure." I replied bluntly, before looking at them both.

"Ok... So let's cut the crap. Why did Ace pass out?" I wanted to get it over with so I could go and eat some food myself.

"She was just got too hot."

I coughed a few times,

"Sorry, I'm allergic to bullshit. Now what really happened, because if there's something wrong with her. If something happens to her because you lot kept a secret. I won't care that you're werewolves, I'll murder you myself." I seethed. My stomach began to growl, as I thought about food that I could have been eating instead of being here. Dammit, Little Ace. Why did you have to rub off on me?

"There's no secret." Mara declared, earning a look from Brody that quickly disappeared.

Having enough, I got up and left the room to go find food..... Oh and Maya.

~~~☯~~~

Maya's POV

As I walked back to the Carter's, I thought about how Jess would most definitely be asking me about my tattoo. I knew him well enough to know that he wouldn't leave it alone. Which meant that I would either have to tell him what happened in the time since we last lived together, or lie and break our promise.

'forget about what Jess will do, what about the pack?' Cora interjected, pacing in anticipation.

'I'm gonna have to lie my way out." I huffed, as I approached the house. It was around noon now, so they would probably be having lunch.

Walking through the door, I headed straight for the cupboard and pulled out a breakfast bar, before b- lining for the stairs. But, as always with Mrs Carter, she intervened.

"Hello Maya. Did you have a good time yesterday?"

"Yup." I replied bluntly, eager to crack open my sketchbook.

"Who's jacket is that, is it new?" She inquired, nervousness coming off her in waves.

"Jess'." I continued with my bluntness, hoping she would get the hint and let me on my way.

"Oh, is he your boyfriend?" She queried, causing me to hold in a gag.

"Nope. No. Nah. Nope. Never." I listed, expressing my disgust.

"Oh...Sorry." she fiddled with her fingers.

"No, don't worry about it." I excused, feeling sorry for her.

"Do you have a boyfriend? Or a Girlfriend? Or anyone you have a crush on?" She stammered,

"Umm, no I don't have a Boyfriend, and I don't really have a crush." I replied, deciding that I could be slightly nicer to them considering it had only been a few weeks, and the 2 month mark was far off.