12. The First Flower

The Doctor:

This, this was possibly the most inventive way I had ever found of someone trying to get our attention. What was horrible about it, was that it wasn't really me that they wanted, it was Lizzy, she had answers, or at the very least excuses. It was just hard to put a Zed into a crop circle.

Elizabeth herself, however, wasn't as impressed with their efforts. "Seriously?"

Rory just shrugged at her, very much annoyed that we'd made them wait as long as we did. They didn't know the half of it, Sissy went off on her own for a while and came back two hundred years older. "Well, you never answer your phone."

"Okay, you've had all summer. Have you found her? Have you found Melody?"

Making me look to her husband, my sister leaning against the TARDIS, staring at her deep green nails. They were long. I didn't trust it when they were long, it meant they had a purpose. "Permission?"

"Granted."

The newspaper was thrust into her hands so I could instead hug the Pond. "You know who she grows up to be, so you know we will find her."

"But you haven't yet."

"Oh, for... Wild Cat, did you have to let someone follow you?" Bethy sighed, pointing to a line that was now across my name on the old faded newspaper. "I'm attempting to stay hidden for something, you have lead someone right to me."

Another car was driving towards us through the corn. "Argh!"

"Children."

The Chevrolet Corvette was floating slightly, engine roaring until it burned itself out and stalled. Before it was lowered and out came a young woman. Who seemed impressed. "You said she was Lovely. You never said she was hot."

The Ponds seemed to know her. "Mels!"

"What are you doing here?"

It was simple to the girl who my sister was staring at in curiosity. "Following you. What do you think?"

"Er, where did you get the car?"

"It's mine." Due to the sound of the sirens following you, I had to disagree. "Ish."

Amy rolled her eyes. "Oh, Mels, not again."

"You can't keep doing this. You're going to end up in prison."

My sister, however, was now walking forward. "Sorry, hello. I'm rather confused. You told her I was lovely? Wild Cat, we've been through this, you're not supposed to tell people that."

"Is that the phone box? The bigger on the inside phone box? Oh, time travel. That's just brilliant." Then she beamed at the pair of us. "Yeah, I've heard a lot about you. I'm their best mate."

Yeah, nah. That wedding was great fun, I'd made sure to get a picture with everyone. "Then why don't I know you? I danced with everyone at the wedding. The women were all brilliant. The men were a bit shy."

"I don't do weddings." The sirens were almost on us. "And that's me out of time."

A gun was now pulled on my sister, who could have easily done something to prevent it, but she didn't. She just watched her, while her friends freaked out. "Mels!"

"For God's sake!"

"What are you doing?"

"I need out of here, now."

There was a helicopter now too, yet still she was calm. That was usually the sign my sister had a plan, but I'd be damned if she ever cared enough at this point to try and tell me what it was. "Anywhere in particular, Miss Mels?"