5. Old Girls

The Doctor:

"-And then we discovered it wasn't the robot king after all, it was the real one." I told Rory as Elizabeth tinkered with an old camera of someone's, possibly recovered from her cull of the storage rooms. I was planning on hiding it, as I didn't trust her with both a photographic memory she could attach to emails, and a physical way to take photos. "Fortunately, Sissy was able to re-attach the head."

Rory looked up at his wife and she came in, Divinity trying to trip her up. My sister and her annoying familiar who did no wrong. "Do you believe any of this stuff?"

"I was there. Lizzy threw the head at her brother and almost dislocated her shoulder doing so."

The console had started being weird, LizBeth not doing anything as I looked at her. "Oh, it's the warning lights. I'm getting rid of those. They never stop. Oi, I'm not allowed to touch, what do all these mean?"

"Proximity detectors, it's probably Rift debris." Only something tapped on the door. "Or not. What the hell?"

"The door. It knocked."

Rory still pointed out the obvious. "Right. We are in deep space."

My sister nodded slowly, reaching for her staff. "Very, very deep." The blade on top came out, turning it into a guandao. "And someone's knocking. If this is Jack, I don't care, his head is coming off again."

Then went to the door, opening it to show a little glowing box. Meaning I pushed myself in the way, knowing it had to be mine as who wrote to Bethy? "Oh, come here, Come here, you scrumptious little beauty."

It circled Sissy, bonking her on the noggin before coming in further. "A box?"

"Lizzy, what is it and what's he doing?"

"I've got mail." I beamed at them, Liz picking up Divinity to stop her trying to catch it. "Time Lord emergency messaging system. In an emergency, we'd wrap up thoughts in psychic containers and send them through time and space. Anyway, there's a living Time Lord still out there and it's one of the good ones."

Rory was being a downer. "LizBeth said there wasn't any other Time Lords left."

Never listen to Sissy, Sissy listened to logic and reason. Boring! "There are no Time Lords left anywhere in the universe. But the universe isn't where we're I'm asking Sissy to take us." Her eyes were closed as she pressed into the console, not happy but knew she had a duty to rescue whoever was out there. "See that snake?" The Ouroboros. "The mark of the Corsair. Fantastic bloke. Didn't feel like himself unless he had that tattoo. Or herself, a couple of times. Ooo, she was a bad girl."

Things started to go bang, Elizabeth's eyes opening to show golden irises as she linked to the Matrix. "Oh, what is happening?"

"We're leaving the universe."

Amy stared at my sister. "How can you leave the universe?"

Her left eye was running red from the pressure. "With enormous difficulty. It's taking up a great deal of RAM and processing power, I've had to deep storage the Doctor's so called workshop, the scullery and the last squash court that no one has used since Teegan left."

Things crashed and thumped until we landed, things going still and silent. Liz's eyes were still frozen gold, like she was buffering. "Okay, okay. Where are we?"

"Outside the universe." I beamed. "Where we've never, ever been."

Which was when all the lights went out in the TARDIS, Elizabeth just closing her eyes now as Rory got confused. "Is that meant to be happening?"