3. Montage Moments

The Doctor

"Sissy, what the hell are you doing?"

She glared at me from where she was lying with her hair in a bowl of hot water, shea butter, argon oil and coconut oil, or at least that was what I saw sat beside it, trying to pull apart the clumps of matted curls with a wide toothed comb that River had. That was going to take forever, how did she have patience for that? "You didn't sit in a chair for three months, getting blood in your hair and then having the curls matt."

"Just brush it."

"No!"

"That's what I do when I have knotty hair."

"You don't have the same sort of curls, yours are usually just from the sheer amount of hair gel that you use. That doesn't even just mean this regeneration, you had an obsession with gravity defying hair last time also."

I threw her a hairbrush that Amy had left in the console room, definitely hers by the amount of ginger hair trapped in between the bristles, almost hitting Divvy who was curled on her belly, making the half maine coone hiss at me. That cat hated literally everyone except for my sister, and weirdly, River Song. "Curls are curls. Just brush them."

LizBeth was still glaring, gently easing these honestly quite horrible looking matts. That wasn't going to do anything, the comb was too wide and the matts were bending the prongs. "Remember when you tried to brush out the backcombing you did in Honouria's hair back home? When she cried and said you were hurting her because you were literally ripping out her hair from the scalp? That would be like this. Except worse, because there's a lot more hair in here than you'd think. It will hurt, and it will rip out my hair at the roots which means it will not grow back."

"You're being dramatic. It's hair, it's stronger than you think. Come on, I'll help you brush it, I promise I will be gentle."

"No! Not a chance, you're not going anywhere near my hair when you couldn't even be gentle with your daughters non-afro hair." She snapped, throwing the brush back at me, aiming for my head but I managed to catch it. Before it possibly broke my nose, yet again. "Just leave me to it and I'll get it done eventually."

You were going to be there forever. "Yes, well, I would like to go do some food shopping before we all starve, given that the TARDIS is still repairing your last attempt at cooking in the kitchen. We'll all starve to death if we have to wait for you to be done doing that, you're going to take years to be able to pull apart just one."

She now threw the comb at me, but it did bounce back to her hand, as she was using it. "There's six years worth of non-perishables in the pantry, you'll be fine, unless you no longer want to eat my tinned produce?" The one thing that you could actually do, add a kilo of sugar to fruit and let it bubble down into jam or syrup. "Hey! I can still hear you if you're thinking, you moron!"

"Are you two fighting again already?" Rory asked, coming up into the console room with Amy, both of who were carrying two mugs, clearly having braved the kitchen to make a hot chocolate for Amy, coffee for Rory and LizBeth, and a tea for me. "Because as the next eldest here after the two of you, I will ground you both to your bedrooms. Without your sonic screwdriver, and without Divvy."

Elizabeth now glared at him, but she was instantly softer the moment Rory was in the room. She adored Rory, mostly because he respected her library and knew how to treat her medically. Apparently I no longer did, which actually kind of annoyed me given that I'd been doing it for basically her entire life. "Her name is Divinity. And no, we're not fighting." Weren't we? "The Doctor was simply telling me that I should just be brushing out my matted, frizzy, curly hair. Which is delicate, tightly knotted to my scalp, and liable just to get worse if I try and yank it with a paddle brush."