13. Paternity Test

Elizabeth:

Hmm.

Strange. It was usually rather hard for someone to message me directly, let alone a child by his voice. Time for myself to get an adventure, though I would obviously have to babysit. The Ponds and the Doctor could not be left alone. "Please save me from the monsters." I opened my eyes once I said the words, seeing the three of them looking at me, sat on the Gallery with Divinity. "Children, I'm taking charge, this is my case."

"What? What does that mean?" Wild Cat asked as I jumped down to the console, past the trio. Keep him busy, Elizabeth, busy until it was too late for him to stop it. "What are you doing?"

"I'm making a house call. And no, you are not helping, Brother."

Before taking us nearby, leading the way out as I fixed my purple leather gloves, professional in my heels and pencils skirt. When I did things, I did them correctly. "No offence, LizBeth-"

Really? "Fy Annwyl, I can hear your thoughts, I know you mean the opposite."

"But we could get a bus somewhere like this."

Well aware. "Buses are full of disgusting bacteria, I avoid them at all costs. But I am aware."

Amy gave her husband a pointed look. They knew. They knew I was going to die, and she just wanted to give me a good end. Death was coming, what mattered if your life was good? Death was the end, and there would be nothing else after. "Well, I suppose it can't all be planets and history and stuff, Rory."

The Doctor definitely had no idea, however, and I was keeping it that way. "Yes, it can. Course it can. Planets and history and stuff. That's what we do, right, Sissy?"

"No, it's what you do." I corrected. "But not today. No. Today, I am answering a cry for help from the scariest place in the universe." The Doctor opened his mouth. "No, not my mind, Doctor, a child's bedroom."

And filled them in on the walk to the elevator, Fy Annwyl confused, the Doctor understanding instantly. Children were my weakness, I'd drop anything to save them. "Please save me from the monsters? Who sent that?"

Did you not get the whole investigation thing? "That's what we're here to find out."

"Sounds like something a kid would say."

The Doctor nodded slowly as I used the spike of my heel to call for the lift. "Exactly. A scared kid. A very scared kid. So scared that somehow it's cry for for help got through to Sissy in the TARDIS."

"Brother, unless they tell you so, a child is not an it, they are a they."

"You've traced it here."

"Yes, Wild Cat." I sighed, getting in. "Going up."

Then kicked the button for the elevator, as I was not touching anything. Council estates unfortunately were usually vile, and I pitied anyone who had no alternatives. Examples being most of the people Wild Cat, Fy Annwyl and the Doctor came across as they did door duty, leaving me to Wander for answers.

Which I found from afar, the married couple walking together past windows, one of which twitching. "We've got to find that kid."

Fy Annwyl was joking around as I held up a hand to stop the Doctor from trying to make me jump. I saw so on the balcony, I made sure to have my guard up. "Maybe we should let the monsters gobble him up."

"Idiots. Utter idiots." I sighed, easily turning and then standing as they came back to the lift to meet us. "Any luck, Children?"

"Three old ladies, a traffic warden from Croatia and a man with ten cats."