2. Rewards

A straight jacket.

There had to be a compliment in there somewhere. Where there wasn't was how they'd put a whole bunch of signs saying not to interact with me, to stay behind a yellow line.

Not like there weren't four billion minds on your world alone I could see through. "We found Amy Pond." Canton told me as I kept my head down, face covered by a heavy, matted mess of curls. "She had strange markings on her arm. Do you know what they are?"

"Why don't you ask her?" I asked, lifting my head. "Or do you shout stop after pulling the trigger, Little Demon?"

He just left, time passing as I followed my friends and family, taking this time to recover from the virus that got stuck in my firewall. Before movement distracted me, watching soldiers setting up a wall around me. Hmm, interesting. "We found your brother and Dr Song."

Your point? "These bricks, what are they made of?" He kept looking at me. "Where is the Doctor?"

"They ran." He replied simply. "Off the fiftieth floor."

The moment of panic through me caused things in the warehouse to rattle, guns instantly pointed at me as I tried to relax. Still had one bullet wound, was not in need of another. "These are zero balanced dwarf star alloy. The densest material in the universe. Nothing gets through that, even the Remembrance of the Dead. You're building me the perfect prison, and you still think you can hold me here."

More time passed, my new cell completed before they dragged in two body bags. That were breathing, in case you were curious as to how easy to fool these guards were. "Is there a reason you're doing this?"

"I want you to know where you stand."

"Currently, I'm sat in a cell, but if you undid these chains I could stand."

"In the perfect cell. Nothing can penetrate these walls." I mean, I could have. Unless it was an electric net, I could get through. "Not a sound, not a radio wave, not the tiniest particle of anything." So once the soldiers left, he closed the door. "In here, you're literally cut off from the rest of the universe. So I guess they can't hear us, right?"

Shouldn't be able to, unless they had their own telepath like me. "Good work, Little Demon. Door sealed?"

"You bet."

So off came my chains and straight jacket, the body bags sitting up, gasping for breath. "Are you okay, kids?"

Once they could breathe non-recycled air. "Finally."

"These things could really do with air holes."

Canton just looked at Fy Annwyl. "Never had a complaint before."

"Isn't it going to look odd that you're staying in here with us?"

"Odd, but not alarming." He shrugged as I rolled my right shoulder, mostly healed after being shot. Not pleasant. "They know there's no way out of this place."

Making me smile, Wild Cat giving me constantly apologetic looks. "Exactly. Whatever they might think we're doing in here, they know we're not going anywhere." Before I just casually leaned against my Gorgeous Girl, snapping my fingers to open the doors. "Shall we?"

In we all went, Divinity rushing to me for cuddles and scritches as I got us off. "What about the Doctor and Doctor Song? They dove off a rooftop."

So long as I knew when and where, not an issue. "Don't worry, they do that. Wild cat, Fy Annwyl, open all the doors to the swimming pool."

Meaning when I parked on the side of the building, they just dove straight in while I tried to deal with my currently insane hair. "Uh, Lizzy-"

I ignored Wild Cat as she tried to apologise for the very prominent scar on my shoulder, still scabbed in the centre. "So, we know they're everywhere. not just a landing party, an occupying force and they have been here a very, very long time. But nobody knows that because no one can remember them. Even me."