Chapter 01 // Senselessness and Reason // Daily Life

"...

I don't know my face...but is that alright?

I guess at the end of it all...my face doesn't matter. I could look like anything.

What matters is who I am.

My name is...!"

(note - every chapter will have a title card

(note - every chapter will have a title card. the two people appearing on the card have no meaning and are almost entirely randomised from the pool of living students)

Chapter 1

Senselessness and Reason

-

"It is 8am, thus nighttime is over. The doors have been unlocked and the restaurant is open for business once again!" Was what woke me up this morning. I hadn't even noticed the monitors on the wall of every room, but once you know they're there, they're impossible to miss.

I sat up in bed, flicked on the lamp and took in my surroundings as the evening before had been such a blur. The room was moderately sized and square, with a light blue carpet and white walls.

There was a closet and set of drawers, each made from the same light brown wood. The bedside table was also unremarkable, but when I got into the room there was a small gift box, which I hadn't opened.

Inside the box was a small piece of wood-accented metal. The craftsmanship was beautiful, and engraved on the side in golden cursive was "Chiyo S". This definitely belonged to me.

Next to it was a small letter handwritten on card.

"Chiyo Sakakibara,

Each student has been gifted a weapon suiting them. As the Ultimate Talent Scout, you've developed a slight Ego problem. Therefore, you've been gifted the Ultimate Pocket Knife. Easy to conceal, a swift stab to the jugular should finish the job, but you'll have to get very close to your victim. They will undoubtedly know who you are, but then again maybe that'll intrigue you.

Your assigned Harmony is A, coinciding with your room number.

Happy Killing!

- Monokuma."  The letter read.

"Assigned Harmony?" I whispered to myself.

I looked at the "knife" more, seeing a small button on the side. I pressed it in and out popped a sharp blade the size of the handle.

I placed the knife back in the box, and the box inside one of the drawers on the bedside table.

I drew back the curtains and looked outside. I saw the "events hall" that I didn't have the opportunity to visit before.