Chapter 03 // Errors and Correct Assumptions // Daily Life

SORRY SORRY SORRY THE PAST TWO MONTHS HAVE REALLY BEAT MY ASS LMAO

BETWEEN BEING FR A LITTLE DEPRESSED AMD HAVING A WHOLE LOAD OF TESTS ~~THAT STILL ARENT OVER~~ IVE HAD NO TIME OR INSPIRATION TO WRITE PLS FORGIVE ME

K ENJOY THE PART AND IM SORRY ITS SO LONG AND SORTA WEIRDLY PACED LOL

As I closed my bedroom door behind me, I saw Makena walking towards me

"Good morning." She said to me, earning no reply. "Oh, so we're acting like full-on children now? What is your problem with me?"

"Sorry?" I turned to her. "Did you say something?"

"I said good morning, and you ignored me."

"Sorry, I didn't hear you."

"You know I won't fall for that, right? Not everyone is as easy to manipulate as Akari and Lada. You can't have an allyship with me unless you actually make an effort." She crossed her arms and stood rigidly.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Please, we both know that if you told Akari she had the world gullible written on her face in invisible ink, she'd find the nearest UV light and stand for hours trying to make it show."

I snickered slightly at the image she painted with her words. "Well, I think you'll find that she's the one who wants to speak to me. Not the other way around."

"And Lada?" She quizzed.

"Same situation."

"And why are you now trying to steal Shin?"

"Woah, woah." I held my hands up and laughed slightly. "Steal? Who's acting like a full-on child now? Your words. He spoke to me first."

"He is a very nice boy and I will not see you take advantage of him."

"Why do you care? You aren't his mother, he doesn't need your protection. He's autistic, not incapable of handling himself." I pointed out to her.

"I didn't say anything about his autism, why is that relevant?" She gasped in scandal, as if I was in the wrong for bringing it up.

"He's not someone you need to look out for. I know how autistic people are treated. He can handle himself, he doesn't need you looking over his shoulder constantly."

She was now getting heated. "How would you know the first thing about autism?!"

"Because I'm autistic, too. How would you know the first thing about autism?"

She fell quiet. "See you around." She mumbled.

Yeah, that's what I thought. If there's one person here who I actually respect, it's Shin. And I will not have someone thinking about him as someone who needs protection. If he wants to be my friend, it's his choice. Not Makena's.

I hate the idea that autistic people are inherently gullible or otherwise need shielding. Shin is a fully capable person.

Akari, however, is a gullible moron. I won't deny that.

I sat on my own in the cafeteria, or as close to on my own as I could get with Lada and Akari sitting on either side of me, bickering as I tried to eat, something I did not appreciate.

Then came the announcement from Monokuma we all expected, but nobody wanted. He called us to the courtyard in the middle of the triangle, presumably to unveil the next motive.

I waited behind until the rest of the group had gone through to the courtyard, and it course Lada and Akari stayed behind too.

"What do you think he will show us now?" Lada asked.