Chapter 05 // Experience and Lack Thereof // Class Trial

Monokuma: Now then, let's begin with a basic explanation of the class trial!

Monokuma: During the trial, you'll be asked to present arguments and evidence, and at the end you'll vote for "whodunnit".

Monokuma: If you vote correctly, only the blackened will be punished, but if you pick the wrong person...

Monokuma: I'll punish everyone besides the blackened, and the one who deceived everyone will be allowed to leave!

Monokuma: Alas, poor Harmony...

Monokuma: Such a short lived member of our little ragtag bunch!

Dissonance: ...

Dissonance: Yeah, whatever. Let's just get it over with.

Akari Aokichi: Hold on!!

Akari Aokichi: Look out the window! Crazy stuff, right! It's like the whole world is collapsing!

Akari Aokichi: Gonna fix that, Monokuma?

Monokuma: I don't see why I should! It's far too much effort for such a little release of tension...plus, we were much overdue a new courtroom anyways! If you have a problem with it, just close your eyes!

Shin Akada: Excuse me, I have a question for everyone.

Shin Akada: Um...why is everyone looking at me like that? Did something happen I'm not aware of?

Ryozo Tokugawa: Right. Ponytail doesn't really know what happened to him, correct?

Shin Akada: Um...correct. I don't really understand...

Akari Aokichi: Well, how about we go over the events of the day? For Shin-Shin's sake!

Fuyuko Shirota: Sure. So this morning we all agreed that we should take turns talking to Shin to try and talk him out of his possession.

Shin Akada: Possession..?

Dissonance: Yeah. Some kind of...glitch...took over your body for a while. You were acting weird and unlike yourself.

Dissonance: We took turns talking to you, and then when it was Fuyuko's turn...

Fuyuko Shirota: You kidnapped me and took me to the games room. I had a blindfold on, and when I took it off...

Akari Aokichi: You two were standing outside the games room covered in Harmony's blood.

Shin Akada: ...what?

Dissonance: Yeah, you fucked up. Shame. I liked you, Shin.

Shin Akada: I'm sorry. I don't even know what's going on.

Shin Akada: But did I really...

Shin Akada: ...did I hurt Harmony?

Dissonance: Your thoughts, Fuyuko?

Fuyuko Shirota: W-Well...

Chiyo Sakakibara: Let's say that he did. What would happen then?

Chiyo Sakakibara: It wouldn't have technically been him who did the murder, so would he be considered the culprit?