⭒ INTERMISSION 02 - Et in Arcadia Ego ⭒

As I felt the sharp pain in my abdomen, I knew that I was about to die. I can't believe that Akari didn't close the door properly.

The pain halted, And I sat up. A void of white waited for me, and I swivelled my head around to see a large set of wooden double doors.

I apprehensively pushed the doors open, being met by a black void. Only it wasn't actually a black void, it was a hallway. At the end of the hallway, I realised that it was a movie theatre.

Sitting on one of the chairs I saw someone. I had to do a double take, but it was definitely Fukushi Abe.

He immediately got to his feet. "I'm so sorry." He said. "Did it hurt?"

"Yeah, a little..." I said, looking around. "What is this place?"

"I'm not sure. Might be purgatory, cause we're definitely dead."

"Right. And it's...a movie theater." I raised my eyebrows. "Interesting."

"A movie theater which shows everything happening at the resort." He pointed at the screen which was currently showing the restaurant, Lada sitting idly.

After a couple seconds, the screen changed to show the events hall. My dead body being lifted by Akari and Akimitsu.

"Creepy." I said, sitting on one of the seats. "What are they doing?"

"Maybe they're hiding your body." Fukushi suggested.

I watched as Chiyo found me. Seeing the way everyone reacted to my death...the fact that I had planned to kill one of them and betray the rest...I felt horrible.

I watched the whole trial, and I watched as Akimitsu was executed. And I knew he would be coming through the doors.

They creaked open, and the small guy crept inside. When I saw him, I immediately clocked the regret on his face. Not just regret for being caught, regret for having killed me.

"Dude, I'm so sorry-"

"It's fine. You did what you had to do." I shook his hand. "Well played."

"Maybe you should've just killed her. You wouldn't have gotten away with it anyways." He smirked. "They're...all pretty smart."

"I know, I was watching." I pointed at the huge screen. "It shows everything that's happening in the resort. I saw you guys moving my body, it was kinda freaky."

"Sorry again." He apologised.

"It's fine. Come up, have a seat."

Chapter 02Contradictions and Consistency Coming Soon

Chapter 02
Contradictions and Consistency
Coming Soon.