eight

Sofia walked in the police station as Elena and Stefan walked out. "Hi, Liz.' She replies. "I was almost home when you called me back here."

"I've been doing some thinking and I had called your mother. She wants to sign you over to me." Liz tells her. "As my daughter."

Sofia smiled and hugged her. "I would love it."

Liz gave her the papers to sign, but Sofia will still carry her original last name. The blonde walked out excited for the day to continue. She saw Clayton and walked over to him. "Hi."

"Hey." She replies. "Were you here for a witness statement?"

"Yeah." He said. "I heard what your new mom said. Congrats."

"Caroline is going to flip." She said as they walk together. "What do you have plan?"

"Nothing really." He tells her. "I'll see you later."
~~~
Sofia smiled at Caroline jumping around about the adoption. "We have to celebrate." She said as they walked through town. "Also today is Stefan's birthday."

"Damon tell you?"

"Yes."

Sofia sighed as she had a very bad feeling that something was up. She saw Clayton and walked over to him as Caroline started talking to the manager. "Hey."

"I heard she knows."

"What is he up to?"

"I don't know."

A dirty blonde walked over to them making them look. "Sofia, this is Lexi." Sofia waved a little. "She is a friend of Stefan's."

"Oh." She replies. "It's nice to meet you."

"You too."

"Sofia!"

The blonde closed her eyes before walking away. "She's the one..."

"Yeah." Clayton tells her. "She stole my heart."
~~~
Later that night, Sofia was sitting by herself as everyone around her was dancing or getting drunk. She didn't see Clayton watching her. Lexi looked at him and laughed. "You have never let yourself feel after the last one and Katherine ruining everything."

"Shut up." He tells her. "Just cause your Stefan's friend doesn't make you think you know me."

Stefan watched as Clayton walked over to Sofia and looked at his friend. "She's a sensitive subject." He tells her. "Damon fed from her and her birth mother just up and left her behind."

"Oh." She said as she saw Elena. "I see Elena."

Sofia looked up and smiled. "Hi."

"Why are you sitting by yourself.'

"My mother is hunting for a vampire." Clayton looked at her shock. "She was talking to the mayor. They know your here, but don't know who it is unless there is a reason why Damon is here."

Clayton looked to see Damon talking to Lexi before leaving. The two shared a look before getting up just to see Liz. "No." He said as he started going through the crowd with Sofia, Stefan, and Elena behind him.
~~~
Sofia sat in her room thinking about what happened. She couldn't believe Damon killed a friend of Stefan's. She knew he was mad due to Damon working with hunters who could kill them. "What was he thinking?" She mumbled as she fell asleep.

She never knew about Matt being in her sister's room or the fact she was drunk.