Ardor||27

3rd P.O.V

Ardor
Noun|Meaning:
warmth and affection associated with romantic feelings

There she lays in the garden chair, head up the sky blocking the sun with her palm. She was looking up the ocean blue sky, the clouds that sometime shaped like lollipop. "Nee-san!" Reiko's voice snapped her out of her trance, the little girl's head loomed over her, staring right in her (e/c) orbs. "I finished cleaning my room, you better teach me volleyball like what you said awhile ago." She leaned her head more and looked at her sister's eyes to make sure she didn't forget about it.

Y/n sat up her seat and stretched her back, hearing the popping noise of her bones. "I'll go get a ball." Reiko celebrated inside and did a little celebration dance. Rintarō was looking out of his window and looking at Y/n and Reiko, he was just about to take a picture of the sun today because it had looked more beautiful. Y/n went inside the house and grabbed her old volleyball that was given to her by her father.

Rintarō looked down from his window, leaning on the window sill. "Oi Reiko! What are you doing out there?" He yelled from his room window while looking at his little sister. Reiko caught up on his brother's voice and was a little shocked that he was up from his bed. It was an unusual sight for Rintarō to be up on his bed taking pictures of Hyōgo's scenery. "It's hot out there! You might get heatstroke!"

"Nee-san's gonna teach me volleyball!" The volleyball player was taken back by his little sister's answer. He had known that Y/n knew about volleyball, she had kept the team in line while the coaches were away and gave a special training to the twins and Akagi. Though he knew this much about the lass he never had once thought that she will be training their younger sister.

Y/n went back outside, holding the volleyball in her left hand. "Never knew you played volleyball Y/n!" Y/n looked up to the house from where the voice came from looking at him. "Since when did you play volleyball?" Rintarō didn't know that he had hit a sensitive topic, Y/n was someone who quitted volleyball because of shame.

"Junior High! Played quite a bit then quitted." She says, Rintarō picked up from her tone that she didn't want to continue on the topic of her volleyball life. "Would you like to join us?" She invited Rintarō, Reiko crossed her arms because she just wanted her elder sister all by herself. Not to mention she was still mad at her brother for neglecting her to teach her volleyball.

"Yeah I'll come down in a bit." He said, closing his window and closing the navy blue curtains. Reiko looked at her sister with a pout and all Y/n could do was slightly giggle at her reaction. Y/n does have a soft spot her younger sister, her smile had always melted her heart and lit up her day. Y/n had treated Reiko like a baby even though she was eleven turning twelve this year.

She noticed her sister's pouty mood and quickly asked, "What's with the long face Reiko?" She asked placing her hand on her head. Reiko kicked the ground while balancing herself with one leg, she wasn't amused by the fact that their older brother was now playing with them.

"Why is nii-san playing with us? He had been with you for two weeks, he neglected me when I asked him to teach me volleyball and now he wants to play with us since you asked. "He's trying to hog you all to himself." She glared at Rintarō's room sharply, this made Y/n chuckle; the female had known about Reiko's possessive behaviour when it came to her. From what she had heard from her step-dad, Reiko had always wanted a sister but of course, a man can't possibly reproduce.

The two sisters had quite some distance between them, Y/n signalled Reiko to come forward. Reiko ran towards her sister, not expecting a finger poke on her forehead, she rubbed the spot Y/n poked furiously and made a fake pout. "Next time, we'll play together and I promise that it's just the two of us." Rintarō who had just reached downstairs saw Y/n's sweet affection, he knew Y/n wasn't the type to show much of it so he knew that it came from the bottom of her heart.