Arcane||31

3rd P.O.V.

This font means flashback.

Arcane
Adjective|Meaning:
Secret, mysterious, only understood by a few.

Her lips formed in a thin line, humming as she hangs up the clothes under the sun. "Pinky promise, pinky promise. I will protect you, I promise that. Until you get big and strong your brother will protect you by himself." She hummed the tune of the song her brother always sung her to sleep, she always slept cuddling with him, hearing his soft hums even though she had fallen to deep slumber.

[This song was from the Manga/Anime Demon Slayer, though I made a change from mother to brother.]

"A beauty melody, what song is that?" Rintarō asked after hearing the humming of Y/n while he was watching her hung their clothes. The melody was sweet and comforting, lulling you to sleep even though if it was just morning.

"It was a song my brother used to sing when I wasn't able to fall asleep." She remembered how his warmth comforted her, engulfing the cold flames of her body. His mouth formed a small 'o' as a response to her answer. He didn't know how to reply properly to that so he just left it as it is.

"Y/n hum me that melody." Atsumu begged Y/n, his head laying on her lap, his body resting on the picnic mat. Y/n was busy running her fingers through his gold blond hair.

"What melody?" She always hummed different tunes when around him, she wasn't sure of which one he had requested.

"The one that goes like this." He started to hum causing thousands of memories run through Y/n's mind.

"Okay then." She pressed her lips together and started humming. She was different around him, maybe it was his warmth that melted down her ice barricades but without him she was nothing but winter.

It was just a small date they had under the blazing sun, at a park, having a picnic while watching the clouds together. There was peace in her life something Y/n never thought she would experience again, the warmth in her heart she never thought she'd feel again.

"Y/n the practice is starting in two hours, go start preparing. I'll handle it from here." Rintarō said while taking over the chore. He grabbed a white shirt with a snoopy design on it, putting a black hanger and hung it.

"Thank you Rin." She left and went to the kitchen, preparing three bento boxes. Their little sister also had volleyball practice today, she wasn't going to walk with her two older siblings though, Reiko was going to walk with Kita Shinsuke's younger brother.

"Y/n tell me about that story." Atsumu requested, he looked up at her, staring at her face while it gleamed under the sun.

She looked down to the boy who ordered her to do something. "What story?" She told him a thousand of stories, from happy endings, sad endings and stories that had no endings.

So how was their relationship gonna end?

A happy ending?

A sad ending?

Or was it just another story that holds no ending?

Not happy nor sad, just something left unwritten.

"Tell me about the boy who saved the girl from misery, there was no ending to that story. Perhaps you'd tell me how it ended now?" His eyes begged, he wanted to know how the story ended. He wanted a happy ending.

Not all fairytales end with a happy ending.

She began telling the story about a boy who saved the girl from misery, the light to her darkness. Her knight that saved her. But Y/n didn't tell the ending as she didn't know it yet.