Chapter thirty: A day of splashes and love

Cassidy put her sunglasses on, making her look like she wasn't going swimming at all. She had a floppy sunhat on, a lacey swimsuit cover and was holding Teddy for Beau as he packed some stuff for Maisy.

They decided to have some family bonding today, by going to the pool. Luckily, they know a place that isn't too crowded-very scarce in New York.

It had some inside features, and some outside. Outside had the playground, mini water slide, a couple kid games, and the lazy river.

Inside had a hot tub, the part where you sit in the bubbles, deeper pools, and then a very shallow part for babies.

"All changed." Miles set Maisy down at the bottom of the stairs, she was wearing her swimsuit already. Hers was a lighter shade of blue, with a sparkly sea shell on the center, and a tiny dark blue skirt attached.

Maisy was pulling at the skirt, not really liking the fact that she had to change.

Beau was still busy packing the bag, normal clothes for Maisy, towels, sunscreen, water-all the essentials.

"You ready to go play in the water monkey?" Cassidy smiled at Maisy as she handed her Teddy. Maisy only shrugged, they seemed excited though.

"I guess."

"You guess? You aren't excited to play in the water, and splash around?" Maisy shrugged her shoulders again, not really knowing how to feel.

But, they were all too busy trying to get everything and everyone ready.

"Eric! Come down, we're leaving! Cass, do you have the keys?" Beau was doing a mental checklist of everything, so Cassidy only waved the keys in the air to signal she had them.

"Alright, Maisy, check. Maisy's floaties, check-"

"Hotel? Trivago."

Beau frowned, forgetting about his role call for everything and looked at Eric, who had just come down. "What?"

Eric smiled as he walked towards the door. "Nothing."

•.                                      •.                                  •.

"Alright, towels are on these chairs guys."

Beau laid out towels on four chairs, not wanting to take up too much room.

Cassidy wanted to sit in the sun and read her book for a little while, Amber, Miles and Eric were going to go in the lazy river, but they all decided to stick together at the inside part of the pool for a little bit with Maisy.

Cassidy insisted on staying dry, but everyone else went into the deeper part of the pool, Maisy stayed on the edge watching them.

"Maisy, jump in. We can't go out much farther." Beau held his hands out to her, she was wearing her floatie, and clutching onto it for dear life.

"I don't know-"

Miles swam a little closer and held his hands out too. "We'll make sure you're okay Mais, come on."

Amber and Eric swam over too, holding their arms out just to show support. "Come on Maisy! You can do it!"

They all started talking at the same time, and Maisy backed up a couple of steps. "I don't wanna jump in the water."