~twenty one~

Maya's POV

" can you lay down on the table I just want to make sure you didn't get burned" Calum said causing Michael to agree. I layed down letting Micheal look at my stomach and shoulders

" are you in pain?" he asked

" no, not really it stung before but i'm fine now"

" yeah it's not bad just don't wear clothes that will irritate it and you will be fine" Calum said

" i'm sorry I scared you" I said looking at my hands

" its okay pretty girl" luke said

" come on guys let's go home it's been a long day" Micheal said picking up his things and putting his hand on my back leading us out the door. We reached the car and jammed out to music before we stopped at the mall

" what are we doing here I thought we were going home" I asked confused

" we are just stopping to grab one thing" Calum said with a smile. We walked into the large mall and walked till we reached a large store with a familiar logo. I stopped and the boys looked at me with devilish smiles.

" no, no, nope you aren't doing this , i'm not letting you do this." I said straight faced as they just laughed at my surprised state.

" Maya Williams we are your family now and family give each other things and you need this for school you literally can't do it without a laptop." Ash told me

" so, just get me cheap used one like I had before this is too expensive" I spoke looking at the Macbooks in front of me

" trust me these are way better plus you need it and i'm gonna buy it" Luke said getting a employee basically saying I would lose the battle.

~A few days later~

It has marked a week since the boys have taken me in and our court date is today. I would find out today If luke was able to adopt me. I beyond nervous they told me multiple times that there was no way they would not let luke adopt me but my mind always seemed to go to the " what if's"

" come on Maya we have to leave!" Ashton called from the kitchen. I looked at myself one last time from the mirror took a deep breath and met the boys in the kitchen. I was wearing a navy blue dress with some flats and the boys were all wearing suits we looked quit nice today. We all climbed into the car and jammed out to music to ease our nerves. Once we got there my anxiety kicked in getting the attention of luke.

" hey pretty girl no one is gonna take you away okay? I'll make sure of it" he told me hugging me close. We walked into the courthouse meeting his lawyer and heading to our seats. The judge walked in a smile on his face as he introduced himself. He was a nice older man with gray hair, brown eyes and a shaved face. I zoned out for most of the hearing till I heard luke's called.

" do you Luke Hemmings accept guardianship of Maya Williams"

" yes absolutely" luke spoke

" well congratulations on our new family" he sang out easing the anxiety I was feeling. We ran into a big group hug celebrating.

" welcome to the family Maya Hemmings" Calum said happily

" that's weird to hear but I like it" causing the rest to laugh

we ran from the courthouse into the car and going to our favorite dinner to get milkshakes and burgers. I always got strawberry.

" here we go" the waiter said as she placed the burgers on the table in front of us and they were literally bigger than my face.

" oh my god" I laughed

" we weren't kidding when we said the burgers were huge" Michaels said

we ate silently just enjoying our food. I only ate about half of the giant burger before feeling more than full and ready for bed.

" burger 1 Maya 0" Calum commented causing the table to laugh

" it was a good fight but I know when to admit defeat and I was defeated." I said jokingly

" uhh Im defeated too" Calm said leaning backwards onto the booth

" second that " Ash said

Basically we were all defeated by dinner burgers that night although i'd be surprised if someone wasn't. We walked slowly back to the car and headed back home to go to bed. It had been a long week and we were all feeling more than tired tonight. I stepped out of the car headed to my room brushing my teeth and changing into my comfy clothes before passing out in no time.