Its a terrible day for rain.

(Michael's POV) (trigger warning: Death,child death,murder, also for something than can be considered disassociation)

John stood there looking panicked. Clay looked up and Michael turned around. John seemed out of breath and looked like he ran here. "It's Carlton." Clay immediately perked up, "What about him? Is he ok?" John took a moment to catch his breath and seemed to take in the scene. Michael quickly turned around not wanting to be recognized. "I'm sorry if I interrupted something..but Carlton is missing." Clay took in a sharp breath and motioned for him to sit down. He motioned his head to Michael who was looking down his hair hanging, covering his face. "Don't mind my friend here..Now tell me what happened." John sighed beginning his story.

Carlton had gotten a new job at a diner. He was working the night shift, he was planning to meet with John at his apartment so they could chat. He never arrived. John had gotten worried when he didn't go to work the next day and nobody knew where he was. Clay looked distressed but was pretty good at hiding it, "I think we should investigate first, then I'll send some of my officers." John sighed "Yea. I haven't told Charlie yet because she would jump to the worst conclusion, I don't want her to do anything rash." John glances over at Michael who's hair covered his face. "Who's your friend here?" Clay Awkwardly cleared his throat, "Uh I'm pretty sure you know him. Why don't you introduce yourself Michael." Clay said the name with resentment. I'm so sick of reintroducing myself to everyone..damn it I'll just get straight to it."

Michael brushed his hair out of his face and looked at John. "Hello, Um..we used to be friends? I'm Michael Afton." John took a moment to process this information. "Wait what? I thought you di-" Michael interjected, "Yea yea I know." Michael sighed. "Wait why are you here? Did you do something?" Michael glared at Clay. "No. I'm supposed to be helping with the recent murders." Clay took a deep breath, "As much as I don't want you to help with this..it could possibly be related to Freddie's, so your coming with us, Henry should also join us, Do you know anyone else who knows about Freddie's?"
"Yea actually, Former co-worker and current friend, I can call him."

Michael stood outside the police station, it had begun raining shortly after. He dialed Jeremy's number and sighed after Jeremy didn't pick up. He called again and after no answer decided he was most likely busy. But he couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right. Before his thoughts could spiral Clay and John walked out,Henry following behind him. "I wasn't able to get ahold of him. I'm sorry." Clay looked disappointed. "It couldn't be helped, Let's go."

The diner was brick and looked pretty old, a few cars were parked in the lot. "John go with Michael along the path and see if you can find anything, I'll go with Henry and ask the workers if they noticed anything." John nodded and followed Michael. The rain had almost completely stopped, it was only drizzling now. John cleared his throat as too break the awkward silence. "So um..how have you been?" John said wondering. "Oh um..I've been fine." It was quiet after that. Michael stopped in his tracks. "J-John..Look over there." John looked to where Michael was pointing. He too gasped, a tiny hand covered in dried blood peaked out under a bush. "G-get Clay and Henry right now." Michael whispered.

Security tape was around a large part of the path. The rain was coming down heavy now. Police cars and police were all around. Michael stood outside the tape, he seemed to look extremely guilty and a hint of anger was shown in his blue eyes. He felt a firm hand on his shoulder and flinched. "Michael?" Henry's voice felt far away even if he was right here. Michael didn't respond, he felt numb but at the same time felt overwhelmed. "Michael? Are you ok?" "Yea." When he spoke he felt as if his voice wasn't his own "Michael are you ok?"
"Oh..yes I'm fine." Michael was out of it, Henry could tell. Michael hadn't even realized he hadn't surpressed his accent. He hates his voice because it sounds like his father. "You seem really out of it, come sit in the car. It's quieter there."

Henry's car was warm, the leather seats had a few tears. Michael sat in the front next to Henry. "Kid, what's wrong?" Michael shrugged. "Nothing is wrong. I'm - I'm just a bit surprised ." Henry sighed, "Come on. You were so out of it back there, It's like you weren't even there." Michael shifted in the leather car seat uncomfortably. "I'm completely fine. I'm just disappointed." Michael muttered. "Why?" Henry replied, confusion evident in his voice. "I-I couldn't stop him, I couldn't do it last time and I failed again." Henry let out a breath. "We don't even know it's him." Michael tensed up, "Who else would it be? 6 kids are dead and one adult who was found in a springlock suit, the only people who know how to work springlocks that way is you,Charlie,me or him. So it must be him."

Clay had decided to question Michael again. Clays office was cold, Michael shifted uncomfortably in his seat. "Where were you when the man was murdered?" Michael glanced at Clay, who was watching his every move closely. "I was coming back from Henry's place, My friend informed me a man had died and was found in a springlock suit." Clay wasn't satisfied. "That doesn't explain where you were when he was murdered." Michael let out a annoyed sigh. "I have no idea what time or day he was murdered." Clay wasn't finished. "Fine, I'll ask a different question. Have you had any contact with your father since you were 15?" Clay asked suspiciously. "No. I have not contacted him, and he has not contacted me." There was a knock on the door."Come in!"

Elizabeth walked in looking guilty. Her hair was wet and her clothes were damp, it must have started raining harder again. "I- I'm sorry for interrupting but..I think Jeremy is in serious danger."

Hi! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Comment if you know what I'm referencing in the title. Anyways have a wonderful day!