We are not the same.

Hi! I know it's been a while and I'm really sorry!

(Trigger warning: blood,cussing,child
death,violence, flashbacks, yelling, something that could be considered self harm?,abuse.)

(Michael's POV)

William dragged his son down to his office and practically threw him in. He shoved him towards the desk and grabbed a folder.
"Don't move." He hissed.

"The police are going be here in minutes." Michael said, his tone full of fear.

"You know Michael, we are the same you and I, in so many ways."

"We are not alike in any way you fucking bastard."

"We're both murderers. You're going to be just like me soon enough." William said amusement in his tone. He opened the folder and his eyes took on a look of twisted happiness. "This..this was my best work." He mumbled to himself. He took a picture out of the folder and shoved it in Michael's face.  Michael almost threw up. It was a dead child his father had killed. He took fucking pictures? Sick fuck. Michael thought.

"The police are going to find you here, it's over for you."

"All they're going to find is your dead body." William laughed, grabbing a knife from his desk drawer. He turned around and ran towards Michael who was already weak from his previous injuries. He couldn't dodge in time and the knife got lodged into his leg. Michael hissed in pain and fell to the floor. William prepared to strike again but sirens were heard in the distance.

"I'll get you Michael." He hissed. He ran out the door and Michael wondered how he was going to escape this time. That bastard is going to find a way I just know it he thought. The sirens were getting closer and closer until they were right in front of the house. Michael unsteadily got on his feet and winced, blood dripping down his leg. Footsteps could be heard coming down the hallway and Michael was thrown back into a old memory.

Michael held the lighter to the palm of his hand and winced. He had always wondered what it felt like to be burnt. He didn't notice the footsteps coming to his room, he did in fact notice the door being thrown open by his father. "The fuck do you think you're doing?" He shouted,grabbing the lighter from Michael. "Always trying to make EVERYTHING ABOUT YOURSELF! 

He was thrown out of his memory by someone shaking him. "Michael? Michael, please answer me." It was Henry. He felt something on his face and touched his face with his hand. He was crying. "I'm sorry." He choked out.
"I'm so sorry Henry-I- I'm ..please forgive me, I-I messed up..god I'm sorry..I'm so sorry.." he whispered. "No..kid it's okay..everything is okay.." Michael quickly wiped the tears from his face. "I'm sorry..I didn't mean it,please don't le-ave m-me." He gripped onto Henry for dear life muttering things along the line of "don't leave me" and "I'm sorry".

After everything had calmed down, and Michael had gotten basic medical treatment,Henry drove him home. The ride home was silent but about halfway through the drive Henry spoke up. "Talk to me, please." He said in a calming tone.

"I don't know what to say."

When Michael walked through the door he saw a flash of orange hair as someone grabbed him in a bone crushing hug. "I'm so glad you're okay..don't EVER run off like that again." Elizabeth whispered shouted, muffled.
"Yea mhm." Michael said nonchalantly as if he hadn't just been held hostage by his undead father. As soon as she let go of him, Jeremy  peeked out through a door at the end of the hall, looking like he just woke up. His eyes lit up at the sight of Michael and he too probably broke Michael's ribs.

Everything was quiet. It was dark and after Michael convinced everyone he was fine he went into the bathroom. Whenever he was younger and or couldn't sleep or think straight (metaphorically and literally) he would go into the bathroom slide down the wall and sit there. It was a kind of safe space for him, it felt like he was in his own world. The downsides were him being  alone with his  thoughts and the fact that Henry's bathroom had a very large mirror. He always tried to avoid mirrors as it scared him how much he looked like him. After about 20 minutes of sitting there he stood up and looked in the mirror. He didn't feel the usual disgust or uncomfortableness, he felt nothing. Absolutely nothing. He wanted to feel something. What would make him feel something? Running off again might. Leaving the people you care about behind like you always do, ruining their lives. Leaving might just help them. He debated this thought and was seriously considering it when he got a light knock on the door.

"Michael?..are you ok?" Jeremy whispered.

Michael quietly opened the door. "Yea I..was just..I couldn't sleep." He mumbled, his brain seemingly not wanting to speak correctly. "Michael.. you know you can talk to me? Right?" He whispered.
"I know, but I'm fine."
"You're obviously not." He grabbed Michael's arm and lead him down the hall into the backyard. Jeremy quietly slid the door closed.
"What happened to you?"
Jeremy's voice made Michael's heart shatter into a million pieces.
"Nothing happened to me. Nothing. I'm fine, I just need to think. I'm fine." Jeremy looked like he didn't believe him but knew he wasn't going to get much out of Michael right now. He went inside and quietly slid the door closed.

(Elizabeth's POV)

She was laying in the bed, but not able to sleep. Thoughts about Michael,William,Jeremy and just..everything were swirling around her head like a storm.

(Michael's POV)

He wasn't sure how long he had been sitting there, but it didn't seem like a long time. He heard his phone ring and fished it out of his pocket. It was an unknown number, he didn't bother to answer. It was probably just some solicitor. 5 minutes later the same number called him, he answered just so whoever this was would leave him alone.

"Uh hello? Is this Michael Afton?"

"What the fu-"

Hi! I know it's been quite awhile since I updated. I really hope you enjoyed this chapter! As always I appreciate feedback and anything you would like to see. Have a wonderful day!😇