Chapter 10 - Secret Rooms

CHAPTER 10 – SECRET ROOMS

BEATRIXIA

A dreadful silence enveloped us inside our dorm unit. Nobody dared to break the melancholy feeling or dared to speak up. I sighed and was about to go out to the veranda to breathe some fresh air, when Dwaynell had the courage to speak up.

"Why?" He asked in a soft tone.

I held my tracks and remained my position, "To save you, of course."

"You sacrificed a lot of lives to save one, isn't that selfish Bea?" He asked, anger slowly rising up to its boiling point. "I deserve to die after what I have done!"

I turned around and met his eye piercing and blazing gazes. With my own sharp gaze, I managed to fight his own.

"I..I can't let you die! We need you, Dwaynell!" I fought. He brushed his hair and unbelievably looked at me.

"You have Dwight, Riann, Edward and a lot of students to solve cases with you, why--"

"You're our friend! Curse those people who're with us but doesn't know how to cooperate! I don't care if you're with them, I don't care if you're the total opposite of what I expected you to be!" I cut him off. Riann and Edward seemed to be absorbed in our conversation and did not dare to ask anything. However, Dwight, on the other hand, seemed to understand everything Dwaynell and I argued about.

"But, Bea, we sacrificed a lot of lives," Dwaynell finally calmed down. "First, that poor girl, then a couple of students earlier during the Do or Die game, then some of Bea's friends. Then now? Those innocent students who did nothing but to hope that they could escape?"

It's true, a number of students were killed on this day alone. We sacrificed a number of students, and I sacrificed a couple of students to save Dwaynell just because I felt like his life could save us. His life can save us.

"This is the second time you saved your friends, and exchanged a lot of lives just for us to live." He said.

I was dumbfounded, for I found no excuse to fight his statement. It is true, I saved them twice and I killed a lot of students untouched. I still remember how I saved someone earlier, and how we barely managed to escape.

Flashback...

I'm still panting and on the process of believing that I'm alive, when another mini game popped up, right at the screen in front of us.

"We will be playing draw lots. Gather two pieces of paper and write 'Room 18' on the first one, and 'D' on the second one. Roll the gigantic dice behind you to indicate how many moves you're going to move on the board. If it's an even number, it will reach the number 1, if it's odd, then the number 2. The numbers will indicate which piece of paper will be opened, and if it led you into opening the paper where 'Room 18' is written, the students inside will die. However, Beatrixia Taclas will be given a chance to save the people in 'Room 18' but sacrifice the 'D' one. Or, she may save the 'D' one but sacrifice a whole group of students inside 'Room 18'. Your game starts in 30 seconds."

Nanatili akong tulala, pero agad ding naka-recover tsaka kumuha ng papel at sumulat doon. May board na nakapatong sa mesa at may isang piece, a sitting lion. A big dice was carried by Edward because it's made of paper and it's really light. I saw the people inside Room 18, and I can't seem to recognize their faces. They're all unconscious and are tied.

"YOUR GAME STARTS NOW."

I closed my eyes and randomly shuffled both pieces of paper and placed them on the floor. Edward rolled the gigantic dice and it was an odd number, number 5, which means the lion will move 5 spaces and stopped on a tile with the number 2 on it. With my hands trembling, I opened the second paper and my legs wobbled when I saw what's written.