04 Used to This

I STARE AT my reflection in the mirror. Wearing a fitted black blouse, tight red pencil skirt, tall stilettos. Sometimes you just have to dress up to feel better about yourself. Today I am ready to meet a few clients and close some deals. I am in it to win it.

My eyes are still a little swollen from all that crying last night, but it's nothing a little makeup won't fix. I step into the lift, and I feel my phone buzzing.

Text from Sebastian to Bella:

Meet me in the lobby.

It looks like I don't have to drive myself to work today. Trying to look cute climbing up and down my G-wagon wearing killer heels and a skirt is impossible. But what can I say, owning a G-wagon has always been a dream of mine.

I exit the apartment lobby, and Sebastian is already waiting for me next to his Lamborghini. I saw it yesterday, but I forgot to ask him about it.

If staring can burn, I would be on fire by now. The hunger in his eyes as it wanders down my body. His reaction is making me blush, but I stop to give him a playful twirl. My confidence and ego level just skyrocketed.

"You're not the only one who gets to dress up for work, loverboy," I tell him proudly.

"If that's the case, consider me your personal driver from now on." He mumbles while his eyes are still lingering on my dress.

I snap my fingers in his face, "Alright focus! I know I look hot, but we are going to be late for work."

"Someone is feeling herself today." He smirks, opening the car door for me and helps me get in.

He takes off his suit jacket before climbing into the driver's seat and covers my legs with it. "Better cover up those weapons. I can't have you distracting me while I'm driving."

I roll my eyes but accept the jacket. "It's not my fault the seats are so low in the Lambo. I can barely climb in without falling on the floor wearing these heels."

"Oh, I'm sorry my Lambo isn't good enough for my little princess." I roll my eyes again at his snarky remark. "This is the only car I have in London, my other cars are still on its way. This car is too bold for me to drive to work anyway."

"But I must say this car with a matte finish! Sexy! And you really don't have to drive me to work if it's going to be a hassle. I've been driving myself to work all these years."

"You driving in those heels? How are you still alive? Coincidentally your office building is only five minutes away from mine so no trouble."

"Perfect! I won't miss climbing into my truck wearing a skirt like this. I feel like the paparazzi will soon take a photo of me with my ass hanging out."

"I won't be letting that happen," he says with an intense look. "The only person who will be seeing your ass is me."

I slap him on the arm, and he whines in pain exaggeratingly, which makes me giggle.

"I really missed this. I missed your snarky comments. I missed our banter bro!" I admit.

He looks over and whispers, "Me too. I missed you."

"We are going to have so much fun! Going to work together every day! I can get used to this!" I chirp and do a little dance which involves my arms swinging all over the place.

Both of us laugh the whole ride hysterically while I jam out to Taylor Swift. I sing along to every song despite Sebastian saying my singing is "completely and utterly horrific" which deserved another punch in his arm.

We reach the entrance of the building I work at. I can already see the attention the car is attracting.

But nothing can bring my mood down, "This is definitely one of the best rides to work I've ever had! I don't think I've ever come to work this happy!"

He chuckles at my excitement then hands me a small paper bag and says, "This is your breakfast, and no matter how busy you get don't skip lunch, alright?"

"Yes, dad!" I reply and turn to open the door.

I stretch one leg out of the car, and Sebastian is already in front of me with his hand out in a gentlemanly manner. I hold onto his arm as I steady myself and straighten my dress.

"Pick you up at seven tonight?" he asks, oblivious to the small crowd that is starting to form around us.

"Yes please and maybe in something less extravagant? I'm trying to keep a low profile, you know?" I gesture to the crowd, and he just smirks.

"What is there to be embarrassed about? Breaking news! Billionaire Sebastian Lowe is now Bella's new boy toy!" He announces in a sarcastic voice.

"Oh shut up, boy toy!" I hiss and walk past him.

I hear him say, "Goodbye Bel." I give him an elegant wave without turning back, and I can hear him laughing. I bite back a grin, keeping my face down.

I set down the breakfast Sebastian prepared for me on my desk. Inside the bag is a tupperware filled with freshly cut fruits and on top of the lid is a handwritten note that reads:

Eat up gorgeous! I will always be your anchor.

His note brings tears to my eyes. I didn't realise how much I missed and needed him by my side until he came back.

I keep the note safely in my drawer.