09 Brothers

"MORNING BEAUTIFUL," Sebastian says opening his car door for me.

"Morning loverboy!" I chirp, poking his nose before getting into the car. I can hear him chuckling at my excitement because I usually respond to his greetings with a tired groan every morning.

He climbs into the driver's seat and I'm already singing along to Taylor Swift's songs blasting through the speakers. This is why I love her, there is a song for every mood and emotion I'm feeling. I'm feeling very 'Enchanted' today.

"I was enchanted to meet you!!!" I sing passionately.

"Am I right to assume you had a great date last night?" Sebastian asks sarcastically.

"It was MAGICAL, loverboy! I felt this weight being lifted off my chest when I told him about my most vulnerable secrets. And he still stuck around so I guess that is a good start." I gush.

"He stuck around," he teases wearing a playful little smile, shifting his focus back on the road.

"I told him we are going to take this day by day. I don't know what our relationship will become but I do know that I don't want to have any regrets. It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. I want to live in the present, take risks and have fun!" I explain proudly.

I sing along to Taylor songs for the rest of the ride. Sebastian seems withdrawn today and there are dark circles under his eyes.

I open the door to get out. "I'm craving hamburgers tonight. Let's order takeout instead, cooking takes too much effort." I say, almost pouting.

"Dinner tonight?" he replies, raising an eyebrow.

I pout even more and ask innocently, "Are you not free tonight?"

"I'm always free when it comes to you Bel." He smirks so I punch him in the arm. His mood swings this morning are making my head hurt.

"MORNING CARLY!" I squeal and just before I reach my office I hear her urgent tone, "Wait!"

I wince at Carly's expression when I turn to her. She glances at my office and back at me then says carefully, "Someone is waiting for you inside."

"Um... okay... who is it?" I ask.

She looks back at my office, "He told me to not say anything." she stammers.

I raise my eyebrows with confusion. Who has the nerve to enter my office without my permission and scare my assistant to this extent?

I let out a weak laugh when I walk into my office. The man sits upright on my sofa with his arms resting on his sides. He gives me a small smile and I stare at him for a while before shaking my head.

"What are you doing here?" I whisper.

Elliot stands up, adjusting his tie with a big smile. He puts his hand out waiting for me to shake it, "Nice to meet you, Bella, I'm looking for an art director to help promote my new movie. I hear that you are the best in the business, would you be interested in working together?"

I blink twice, desperately trying to process everything he just said.

"Bella?"

I frown at him unhappily. His face turns wary in an instant.

"That's not funny Elliot," I croak.

He raises his eyebrows and says, "I'm serious" with a faint smile but it doesn't reach his eyes.

I continue to stare at him blankly for a while and he drops both hands on his sides looking completely defeated. "I'm sorry. Why did I think this was a good idea? I shouldn't have asked."