10 It's Time

IT'S BEEN A FEW WEEKS since Elliot and I started dating. I used to think that dating was very time consuming and it would mean that I had to take time off other plans. But no, dating Elliot has been so simple and easy, mainly because we are currently doing long distance. He is on the other side of the world filming for his upcoming movie and I'm on a business trip whenever he is back in London.

It is challenging to start a relationship this way but I do believe that it can bring us closer together. We are constantly calling or texting and I still feel like a schoolgirl when I see a notification with his name on it. My life hasn't changed a lot but he does add a little spark to it. Something to look forward to at the end of the day.

But the best thing we have between us is trust. I don't get jealous at the thought of him being on set with the most gorgeous actresses because I am secure in what we have. And I was afraid that dating would put a strain on the relationship with Sebastian because not everyone understands or accepts our friendship.

In the past few weeks, the paparazzi have taken a few pictures of us hanging out together and according to their reliable sources, we have been dating for the past few months. I already knew it was coming but it did bother me and made me act differently around Sebastian when we were in public. Then I figured it's not worth it. My relationship with Elliot is now my priority and all this tabloid nonsense is exactly why I don't want to publicize our relationship. It's not just some news story, this is my reality.

Today is a special day because I am a guest speaker in the alumni talk hosted by my high school. I met so many old classmates just now, everyone has changed yet hasn't changed at all. The moment we get together it's like we are back in high school. I text Elliot a picture of myself in a school classroom.

Bella to Elliot:

I'm in SIS right now! I wish you were here!

Elliot to Bella:

I miss you, teacup. Is everything different now?

Bella to Elliot:

The facilities got an upgrade for sure. Look at us now, so much happened after we graduated.

Elliot to Bella:

We got an upgrade too. I can't wait to rip that dress off you when I come back.

Bella to Elliot:

Pervert! Does everything have to be about sex?

Elliot to Bella:

When it comes to you, that's all I can think about. You are very distracting.

I flush at his text, it's amazing how he has control over how my body reacts even when he is so far away. I do love how all this dirty talk builds up the tension between us so nothing beats the rush of emotions when we finally see each other.

I just finished my speech to the students who are currently studying here about never giving up on your dreams even when it feels like the whole world is against you.

When I told my family I wanted to study art they were worried about whether I would make money, will I be living off the street. But my advice is always, make sure you have a plan. Usually, things never go as planned but planning shows people you are serious and have faith in your dreams.

I look out to the crowd and I see glimpses of the girl I used to be. I was shy, I never participated in class so a few of my teachers didn't even know my name.

"Now it's time for questions. I have a rule in life: If you dare to ask, I dare to answer. So I'm open to any questions." I tell the crowd which laughs at my proposition. I set this rule since I was a teenager, I had a lot to say and I didn't have the nerve to say them. People never asked for my opinion so all these thoughts kept building up. So I thought of this rule, if someone had the nerve to ask me a question, I wouldn't turn them down no matter how outrageous it may be.