34 Sebastian POV

"You good Bel? You have a glazed look on your face." I pull her aside.

"I'm fine, I just have this weird feeling about tonight that's all." She's a good liar but I can see through it. She knows I can read her like the back of my hand so why does she even bother?

She's been acting different since Kimberly's wedding, I can feel her slowly spiralling. Something is bothering her but what is it?

Is she pushing me away? Why do we put each other through hell? Why can't we just get over ourselves? Why can't I just kiss her and stop this misery?

I tilt her chin up, forcing her to look at me. "It's just a high school alumni gathering, you know everyone there." A forced smile appears on those beautiful red lips. "I know, it's just that so much has changed since we graduated," she murmurs.

"Yes everything has changed," I say and her eyes flash with hurt. "Change is always for the better. Look at us now." I take a step back, gesturing her gorgeous outfit. "The last time we all gathered together, we were just nerds with big dreams. Not only did our dreams come true but we are now the most successful people in the world Bel."

"Now chin up and chest out." I chuckle seeing her follow my instructions.

"Game time," she says under her breath and leads the way. I have to bite back a smile seeing the stern look on her face, she's adorable.

Standing across the room from her is torture. I've never been attracted to any woman like this before, but there's something about Bella that hits me deep in my core. The way she holds herself, she moves with such confidence. I've seen other women hold all the attention in a room with their fake personalities before, but she doesn't need to do that. She's genuine and elegant. She's all woman and probably more than even I can handle.

Every time I see her, I notice more and more things about her. I know she's out of my league, I'm not smooth or romantic. 

I watch as she works the room. She catches up with old classmates, holding her stomach as she laughs breathlessly. Slowly I can see her walls coming down, she's finally enjoying herself.

Unlike other women who show as much skin as they can get away with. Bella is covered up in a pink jumpsuit paired with white sneakers yet she is the sexiest woman in the room. A well-tailored suit on a woman is sexier than any lingerie.

My eyes register every curve of her body and right now all I want to do is dance between the sheets with our clothes off and our bodies slick with sweat.

Bella catches me staring. It's not the first time and it probably won't be the last. I want carnal knowledge of her body and if I don't get it soon I'm going to spontaneously combust. I'll tell her how much I love her and she'll tell me how much she needs me.

"Stop staring at her like she's food." Mia's sudden appearance snaps me out of my dirty daydream. A camera hangs on her neck as usual.

Both of us continue to stare at Bella who has her back to us. "I've photographed many couples but the magic you guys have is so rare."

Mia is right, there is something about Bella that is completely irresistible. Since the day I met her, before all the wealth and success. Bella always made me feel grounded. I can always count on her to give me a reality check. She would tell me to shut up and snap out of it when I'm being an egomaniac. I can always count on her to tell me the truth. That is all that matters to me. The truth.

"Well look at that, everyone is trying to steal your girl." Mia teases as the group of men surrounding Bella increases. Acting like vultures praying on my darling. What did I expect? Bella is perfect.

If only she could just turn around and notice me. Darling when you're ready, I'm right here.

Mia groans in annoyance, "Sebastian you haven't changed one bit! Still the stoneface aloof guy who doesn't say shit!" Mia is an odd one, by now most people have already walked away.

She sucks in a sharp breath, "I'm here to make you an offer." I involuntarily grunt. Just like I assumed, she wants something from me like everybody else in this room. Except Bella.

"This offer is unlike anything you've seen before," she says like I haven't heard that before. I notice a group of men eying Bella and I move towards them.

A faint voice says, "The offer is about Bella." Her name alone is enough to stop me in my tracks. Within seconds Mia jumps back into my sight, eyes gleaming with excitement, "I knew that would work." she smirks.