15 Perfect Illusion

THE DOORBELL startles me, making my heart skip a beat. I look at Sebastian who just shrugs. I ask Emma and Kimberly, "Did you guys order food?"

They shake their heads and continue to eat Sebastian's homemade dinner on my dining table. I excuse myself to answer the door and I feel my heart beating faster in excitement. Could it be Elliot? Did he change his mind about going to the club?

My heart sinks when I find a well dressed young man holding a large cardboard box with a bright smile. He hands me the box and says, "Nice to meet you, I am Mr Howard's assistant. This is a present from him. Have a great night." I thank him and take the surprisingly heavy box.

Emma and Kimberly's eyes spark with interest when they see the box in my hands. This box is so heavy, I'm out of breath by the time I set it down on the coffee table.

I sit back down at the dining table and continue to eat, Sebastian made all of my favourite dishes today. "Just a delivery from Elliot nothing special," I explain with my mouth full.

"Really? What did he send you? Why isn't he here? How is everything? Which stage are you guys at?" Emma questions me with an arched brow and Kimberly just smirks but listens closely.

I chew my food quickly to answer her, "I didn't open it yet so I don't know," I admit, wincing. "He is currently filming a movie in Amsterdam, but he came to the exhibition opening today to surprise me!" I scream and Emma screams in excitement too.

"Wait but why isn't he here to celebrate with you?" Kimberly asks.

"He made plans to go clubbing with his friends and I made plans with you guys. I'd rather celebrate with you guys than go to a club with a bunch of drunk strangers." I explain, poking at my food.

Emma and Kimberly look at me like I've grown three heads. And Sebastian has been quiet since the delivery came. "What? I'm happy that Elliot is out, having fun. We can't act normal in public, no one knows about us yet." I say and I can feel the tension in the silence.

"Ok, what is it? Talk to me?" I snap.

Kimberly sighs, "Honey, it's just, he would rather go clubbing than celebrating your big day? Did you tell him how much this day means to you?"

"We don't even know anything about art, yet we still want to celebrate with you. You guys are doing long distance, shouldn't you be all over each other when you guys finally meet sweetie?" Emma adds.

"We had sex in the storeroom just now," I blurt.

I hear Sebastian choking on the side but smoothly acts as nothing happened, the redness on his face says otherwise. Both Kimberly and Emma gasp and chortle non stop, making my cheeks blush.

"We got caught up in the moment. You know I'm not a bad girl but I do bad things with him," I say proudly.

Poor Sebastian looks horrified like he is about to throw up. Kimberly is in complete awe and Emma gives me a high five, "That is hot, girl!"

Emma leans forward and waits until I look her in the eye. "Honey tell us all about it. I want details!" she demands.

"Well the sex is great, nothing I've experienced before. We go at it like rabbits when we are finally together, like raw animal sex. I think it's the built-up craving over time because we barely see each other." I admit.

Kimberly narrows her eyes at me, "Sex is just the icing on top of the cake sweetie. Do you love him though? Do you see a future with him?"

I wince and shake my head. "If you like causing trouble up in hotel rooms, having secret little rendezvous, doing all the things you shouldn't do, then he's perfect. At midnight we go driving with the windows down, go to places we can't even pronounce, all my fantasies turn to reality when he is around." I murmur.