32 It's him

"WISHING YOU A LIFETIME OF JOY AND HAPPINESS!"

I raise my glass to the gorgeous Kimberly and her new husband. I'm glad I didn't get too choked up during my best friend speech. I remember the countless conversations we had about never finding love when we were young, and now she's sitting there next to her dream man. Smart, handsome and rich.

Before I even take one step forward, Sebastian is already on stage by my side offering me a hand. "Oh loverboy, I can walk perfectly fine," I tell him but I still take his hand as he walks me off the stage.

"Says the girl who twisted her ankle on the first day of work," he says sarcastically. What can I say? He's right. First day back to work from Mersea Island I twisted my ankle. Sebastian was more than happy to say, "I told you so!"

"Ladies it is now time for the bouquet toss, please gather around the stage." Kimberly's bridesmaid says.

Sebastian turns to me with an angelic smile. "Bel..." he says suggestively.

"No Sebastian. No." I warn, giving him a stern look. I may be single but I'm not desperate enough to be one of those ladies who'd fight over the bride's bouquet.

"Too late." he simply replies and I'm already dragged towards the stage by him. Luckily there is already a group of eager ladies gathered near the stage. Sebastian and I stand so far back where Kimberly is not even in our direct line of sight.

"I can't believe you dragged me into this." I groan.

"Oh you're not getting out of this one." Sebastian chirps tightening his arm around my shoulder. He is the only man standing amongst us but he knows that if he goes back to his seat, I'll be anywhere but standing here.

I look up at Kimberly who is standing on stage now and my annoyance melts away. This girl is glowing with joy, she has been since the day she met her husband. I still remember the day she said to me, "So... I met this guy..." I was really tough on him at first, he sounded too good to be true. A few years older but already a millionaire and extremely good looking. Kimberly always had high expectations but what are the chances of her meeting someone who fits all of them.

I look upwards gasping for breaths trying to suck my tears back in. "Crying again?" Sebastian chuckles handing me his handkerchief.

"Shut up!" I croak dabbing away the few droplets that escaped. "She looks beautiful!" I pause, oh dear, I feel like the sprinklers are going to start. "I'm just so happy for her oh my gosh. Look at this!" I wave my arms around gesturing the whole room, "This is her dream wedding! It's like a Gatsby movie! She finally found someone who can take care of her! Treat her like the fucking queen that she is!" I exclaim and by now the tears are just rolling down uncontrollably.

Sebastian chuckles as I find words to explain how happy I am for her. Kimberly is not just my best friend, she is my sister, my family.

"Do you always cry like this at weddings?" Sebastian laughs while dabbing the tears on my face. By now he's already a professional at fixing my makeup because I've been crying since this morning. Before the wedding when I saw her in the wedding dress. When she was walking down the aisle. When she was saying her vows and now at the wedding reception.

"Yeah, I always cry at weddings," I admit. "Love is in the air! It's so beautiful!"

Sebastian finishes fixing my face, "I'm sorry Sebastian." I sniffle. "I'm a mess aren't I."

He pauses looking into my eyes, "Never feel sorry for being yourself Bel. I was also your date to Emma's wedding remember? Since then, I've come prepared."