11 Distractions

ITS SATURDAY MORNING, I wake up to the loud knocking on my door. My heart nearly leaps out of my chest when I see Elliot at my door wearing a blue North Face pullover. His hair perfectly messy in a sexy way, his entire body looks cuddly, warm and just fucking gorgeous. My eyes are still glued together, bed hair going in different directions but my pink nighty seems to be a good distraction. He insists that I keep it on for the rest of the day.

The moment our lips touch, all my concerns just melts like butter. He is back. That is all that matters.

It's noon, I answer the door for our pizza delivery while he rummages through the kitchen for cutlery. I set the pizza down on the dining table, I hear the sound of cupboards opening and closing.

It feels like a dream seeing him sit opposite me, sharing a pizza between us so I take a polaroid picture of him eating.

He looks at me confused.

"I want to capture this moment forever, I want to remember everything that happens between us," I explain proudly.

"I hate polaroids, they are blurry and unclear. Only kids like taking polaroids. Use your phone, the quality is much better." He says, clearly irritated.

I pout with disappointment but I stay quiet. He just came back and I don't want to start a fight, maybe being a director is why he's against polaroids. The quality is definitely not as good as his professional cameras and it is hard to use because the lighting really affects the pictures. But that's not the point of polaroids, it's about capturing a memory. A picture that can convey a thousand words.

In the midst of chewing I blurt out, "Elliot, what is love?"

I presumed my sudden question would surprise him but I never expected him to start choking violently. His eyes widen, brows drawing together, "Sorry I heard you wrong, I thought you said you loved me."

I'm saddened by his response, which must be obvious because he frowns at me, "No I didn't mean it like that, I just don't think we are at that stage yet."

I can feel my overwhelming emotions and questions crowd my brain. I put on my best comforting smile, "I know what you mean. I was just thinking about us yesterday and where this is leading. Elliot I really like you, I'm really happy since we've been together but I just wonder if there is something more. Something deeper?"

His brows pull together looking at me intently, "I love spending time with you. Who knows what the future holds? What I do know is that I want you by my side right now." He pulls my hand gesturing me to go over.

He pulls me down so I sit on his lap, his arms circling around my waist. "Remember when we first started, we said we were going to figure this out as we go? Our relationship will develop and grow into something beautiful over time. I don't want to rush anything because you are special to me."

I bend down so our foreheads touch. We hold on to each other's waist, our eyes closed, the room is silent. I breathe in his musky scent, letting it diffuse into my body like it's marking its territory on my body.

This moment of silence drowns out all the chaos in my head. He's right, we promised to let our relationship take its course naturally in the beginning. Perhaps all we need is time, maybe time can gift our relationship, solid ground.

He pulls away, searching my eyes before dropping his gaze down my body, absorbing me in my entirety. There's not a piece of me that he doesn't take in, not a hair on my head that he doesn't feel or stroke.

"So fucking beautiful," he whispers softly, his forearm around my waist and pulling me close.

I bend, sucking his neck, his jaw, running my hands through his hair. His spare hand wraps around my neck gently and he closes his eyes. I can feel his thumping heart against mine. I can hear the whoosh of my pulse in my ears, my veins simmering with a want so intoxicating it's making me melt in his arms.