Chapter 12: Frozen In Time

Should I care that I just killed him? Sure he was abusive to me and tried to murder me, but he is still a human being. I just killed a human being.

I stood there in shock, I was trembling with fear, I was scared and terrified. I rushed out of the house with tears rolling down my face, where do I go now? Jamie is dead, his body gone, my father, I killed him, what will happen next?

I ran through the forest, the branches smacked my face leaving red marks behind. I could go back to Dylan! Wait no, I'll put him and his family in danger , that's the last thing I want to happen.

I tried to remember as hard as I could to remember the way to my so called home. Once I had finally arrived I looked up, it had started to spit, one drop over lapping the other. I loved the noise the rain had made, it was surprisingly relaxing for me.

I ran to my house for shelter, I turned the dirty door knob and walked through. I ran towards the stairs and headed for my bedroom, slamming every door behind me. I searched for any more hidden money boxes I saved up ever since I was little. I counted each penny and note, surprisingly I have gathered nearly 6 thousand pounds.

The reason why I managed to gather that much was because every time my parents left the house, which was rare, I would steal every single penny I could find, my parents gained their money through expensive drugs and well... A lot of other things I don't want to go into.

I collected the money and searched for a bank nearby, I had just managed to get to a bank before its closing time, I asked if I was able to exchange the loose money into large notes.The man behind the counter was baffled of how much money I had freely handed over, his expression was as if I was a criminal.

After a couple of minutes waiting for the exchange to be done, I was given the notes on an envelope and left. I was unsure of where to go next so I went into town and searched for the nearest phone shop, I brought the latest iPhone out because I now have the freedom I deserve. I heard some nearby kids laughing in a nearby playground, I followed the sound and I walked towards the empty swing chair and sat on it, a little girl sat on the swing beside me and started swaying backwards and forth and so on.

She rose higher and higher, her parents rushed over with worried expressions on their faces. The girl was laughing, she didn't realise what danger she had put herself into. At one point she got too high and had slipped, at that moment everybody reacted with worry and fear. I reached for her with my arms but it was too late, "No!" I cried, all of the sudden I saw tiny sparks heading towards her direction and out of nowhere, she was floating, slowly moving, in mid-air.

Everybody was moving at a normal speed but the little girl, she wasn't, her parents and everybody were baffled of what just happened in front of them, they caught her and she was back to normal speed. They then all turned towards me.

What did I do? I didn't do that? Did I?