Chapter 17: Escape.

"I'm so sorry." I heard a voice call from behind. Soon afterwards I felt a sharp pain to my head, as the man had hit me with a brick.

I felt anger rise up within me. I've never felt this angry before, so bad that everything became red in my eyes, as sign to show rage.

I wanted to release it all.

I roared. So loud that the man collapsed, clutching onto his ears to prevent sound getting to them. The ground started to tremble, and as it did pieces of the walls started falling.

But I didn't stop there, I carried on screaming and shouting for long periods of time.

So much that a large Section of the ceiling has started to fall, directly towards me.

"NO!" The man called, running towards me with such fear. He grabbed onto my arm and before I knew it, one moment I was in a large dark area to a white room which was breathtakingly beautiful.

I remember this place, I was here before. This was where I met Fallon and Spencer, this was Dylan's house.

Why was I here? The only reason I would be here is if- wait, no, no way. I turned to see a dark outline with its back towards me, its head dropping down with frustration, his hands pressed firmly against the wall in front of him.

Dylan.

"It wasn't supposed to be like this." He said. "You shouldn't of attempted to jump off the building. You could of died."

I was lost for words. Dylan? He's the one who's family is in danger? Who can fly and teleport?

Wait- his family, that means they have Fallon and Spencer. "Oh my god." I muttered under my breath.

"So..it was you who saved me? But more importantly, what about the children? What happened to them?"

Dylan moved around a little, hesitating, unsure of what to say.

"When you left, that man who wanted you, took my children, to raise them as his own to turn them into one of them." He said with hate and disgust.

I was still processing to what's happening, he couldn't just stand there and allow them to get away with this, but saying that he could be threatened to back off or they would harm them.

"How-" "Nows not the time to talk Maddie." Dylan cut me off, whilst frantically walking around the round knocking everything over as if he was looking for something.

"It must be here, where could she of hidden it.." I heard him mutter under his breath. Who's her?

"URGH!" Dylan grunted with frustration.

He knocked over a small table, breaking one of the legs off from the impact.

What ever it is, it must be important thato him, as it's making him stressed over it.

"Where is it?!?" He screamed at me, his face inches from mine. He was breathing heavily, and I had noticed that his green emerald eyes where now a fiery red.

"I-I-I have no idea what you are talking about" I hesitated as first, whispering nervously as I could feel my heart beating faster and faster.

"LIER!" Dylan pushed me back and pinned me against the wall. I felt a sharp pain down my spine and side as it was still not yet fully healed.

I could see Dylan's anger was rising higher and higher, his eyes becoming a darker shade every second.

"Maddie.." Dylan whispered.

I gulped and replied, "y-yes?"

I could see that he was becoming relaxed, he had then backed away from me and turned towards the door, he took a quick glance back.

A force hit me against the wall for the second time, a pair of hands were placed either side of my head.

Before I realised Dylan's lips were firmly placed against mine.

And what felt like eternity, he stood by the doorway, his back facing me.

After a few moments, he turned towards me, and what he said next changed everything.

"I think I'm in love with you."