Chapter 19: Flash

Yesterday happened so fast. As much as I wanted to, I stopped him-us from doing anything, I didn't want to do that whilst his children is out there, in danger.

Dylan was frustrated when I told him, but was understandable. This morning we had an awkward silence during breakfast, his actions have changed towards and around me.

He has been doing more boxing than usual downstairs, his punching bag was ripped to shreds due to stress.

I had been thinking he was only playing with me, to mess with his mind, possibly to release his stress towards me. That he doesn't really love or have feelings for me at all..

It's almost as if I'm a toy, he'll just pick me up whenever he feels like it and then only to forget about it.

I tried to not think about it too much, but it was no use, I never felt that way before. I wasn't forced this time, I had a choice.

Tears started filling up my eyes, I didn't need this. And with that I collected my little things and walked straight out of the door. Remembering as hard as I could, I made my way towards my apartment.

I fumbled about with my keys in my hand, and walked through the glass doors once again, I went to the desk in front of me only to be met with a redhead, she gave me a smirk but it had an evil sense to it.

"Have a good day miss." She said. I nodded and walked away, I finally reached to my door and welcomed myself in, I had forgotten how much space I had all to myself. The last time I was here Seemed like a lifetime ago.

Everything was untouched, even gathered some dust, I couldn't believe this whole place was mine, I went to the small desk at the end of the room beside the tall glass pane window and picked up a notepad and pen that was placed here as a souvenir. I looked around my room and started noting down the equipment and clothing I needed.

By the end of the day my notepad was filled with different house hold ideas, I was so excited to go shopping and buy furniture and clothing to complete my apartment. At the moment my area was so empty every time I would speak the walls echo.

I headed for the bathroom and made myself a bath. I poured a sticky substance into the rising water, I watched the bubbles grow bigger and bigger. I turned the knob to stop the water running and I climbed in. After a few moments I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

Everywhere I looked was engulfed in flames, the fire rose so high and was so thick I couldn't see through it. I heard screams of terror and pain from the other side of the fire, I was trapped. The fiery blaze was only threatening to come closer. The heat coming off the flames was intense, burning my skin as if it was marking its territory. The screams had died down and all was to be heard was the cracking of splitting wood, the smell was rancid. The smoke attacked my eyes forcing them to close and sting as if I got pepper sprayed. As I inhaled the pungent air, it was only to be replaced with smoke and ash, my lungs were burning and as I was drowning in smoke.