Chapter3: Meeting new people.

I slowly began to open my eyes once again, I immediately knew I was in a different destination.

I started whimpering, unsure where I was. It was dark but I could see though it, but only a little.

I tried to sit up but it was no use, my side was still stinging me. I was numb on one side making it more difficult to sit up.

I heard a knock on the door, It slowly opened. I was frigtened, but I released a breath that I didn't realise I was holding, it was Dylan, thank goodness.

He came in holding a tray, which had some food and a glass of orange on top. How sweet I thought.

I still didn't understand what he wanted from me. He came towards me which a bright smile on his face, he asked me how I was feeling and if I was hungry.

He was so friendly I was grateful for that. I noticed how young he looked, he must of been about 10 years older than me, but he definitely looked a lot younger than you'd think he would be.

He carefully placed the tray onto me and sat beside me, he asked how I was feeling once again just to make sure.

For the first time I was finally able to speak in however long, it had seemed forever since I last spoke.

I finally had a conversation with him, he was 33 and has four kids, he told me his life about when he was younger.

They had to put their second child up for adoption as it was too hard to look after one child along with their full time jobs. He also mentioned that their second child could be around 17 now.

He then told me about his wife, who sadly passed away recently. He told me about their wedding, about the experience of becoming a father.

He told me so many things that, I felt bad since I didn't have much to say to him about my life.

It's just the same thing over and over, I hated that I couldn't say much about my life, I couldn't say any of my achievements as I didn't have any.

There was nothing to it, apart from pain and anger.

As I carefully inspected the room I saw that there were two little heads peering out of the doorway, I knew immediately that it was Dylans kids.

One was a girl, called Fallon, who was 6. While the other was a boy named Spencer who was 8.

They looked adorable in their little onesies, Fallon had a rabbit while Spencer had a monkey, I lighty chuckled.

They slowly walked up towards me and Dylan, I noticed that Fallon was shy as she was hiding behind her brave brother.

The girl had quickly gained her confidence and had told me that I looked a bit like their mother, in the corner of my eye I saw that Dylan was starting to blush.

Bless him, I thought. I then thanked Fallon for the nice compliment, I then felt uneasy as no one spoke for a while.

To break the silece, I heard someone speak, Spencer asked for my name.

I froze, realising that I don't have a name as my parents didn't even bother giving me one.

I quickly thought for a name that would suit me, I chose Maddy, I've always loved the name Maddy. So I replied to Spencer saying that my name was Maddy, but can call me Mads for short.

I also said that I was 23, as they asked for my age too.

I heard Fallon quietly say that it was a pretty name, I then felt hot on my cheeks and heard Dylan chuckle lightly, I started to blush quite badly.

I wasn't sure why I was blushing but being with Dylan, Fallon and Spencer felt like family, like I belonged here.