Part 1- Three Months.

Joyce's POV.

Three months has it really been that long she thought to herself while laying in her bed. She looked over at her clock "3am" she sighed. 

I need to sleep she thought to herself for the kids sake but she knew she couldn't even bring herself to close her eyes. 

Eventually she was so tired she fell asleep but it wasn't long before she saw it.

There they were in the Russian base underneath Starcourt Mall. She looked up and saw him fighting that giant and she knew what was going to happen. He threw the Russian into the machine and giant electrical sparks were flying out of it. She glanced through the window and saw him stood there infront of her eyes. "Hopper wait don't leave me" she shouted but he knew she had to close the gate. He just stood there and gave her a nod and smile. She twisted the keys and started to scream and cry uncontrollably.

Eleven's POV.

I woke up hearing Joyce screaming and crying. I knew the boys were heavy sleepers so i didn't wake them. I got up out of bed and put my slippers on and walked into the kitchen I knew Joyce would want a glass of water. 

I walked through the kitchen and glanced at the calander and saw the date it had been three months. I grabbed a glass and filled it with water Joyce's crying got louder and louder. I saw the time it was only 3:30am but i knew i had to help her.

Once in Joyce's room i placed the water on her bedside table and sat beside her on the bed. I know dad used to help her with her nightmares but ever since July 4th the Byers boys said they had been far worse. "Joyce wake up, Joyce I'm right here it's just a dream" i was holding her shaking body and trying to wake her up. Why won't she wake up? This is the worst i've ever seen her and she has had plenty of nightmares over the last three months. 

I shook her body "it's okay just wake up please" and then i saw her eyes flutter open.

Joyce's POV.

"El what happened?" i asked her reaching for the water she had brought for me.

"Another nightmare" she replied handing me a tissue "was it about dad?"

"Yeah" i sighed i didn't want her to see me upset about it i mean he was her only family after all and i was just a friend. "Are you okay?" i asked her she looked upset.

"Yeah i'm okay" she sighed "i'm more worried about you these nightmares are getting worse and you aren't sleeping" she looked more concerned than i've ever seen her before.

"Did i wake you?" i asked her knowing she probably heard me.

" Yes but it's okay i'm a light sleeper anyway" she looked at me with a sad look on her face " i miss him"

"me too el i miss him alot" i started to sliently cry knowing i couldn't let her hear me.

Eleven's POV.

I knew she was crying but i didn't mention it because i knew she needed to sleep but so did i. I was slowly getting more tired and i eventually fell to sleep next to Joyce. She finally fell to sleep too i knew that because she stopped stroking my hair. 

Jonathan's POV.

Beep Beep Beep, Beep Beep Beep. Ugh its time to get up and wake will and el. I walked into will's room and opened his door "hey will get up its 10am" 

Will replied with "but its still early" i knew he would get out of his bed in a few minutes because he's always hungry. I walked across the hall to El's room and opened the door to see she wasn't there. I knew what this meant mom had another nightmare. 

I opened Moms bedroom door and they were both sleeping peacefully so i decided to leave them a little longer. I walked into the kitchen to start breakfast when i saw the date. Oh no its been three months thats why mom had a nightmare and why el was with her. I decided to make eggos because its el's favourite and she needs it today.

Joyce's POV.

I woke up to the smell of toasted eggo waffles with el cuddled up next to me i knew today was going to be rough but atleast it's a saturday. The kids are loving the new school but they miss home and so do i. 

I woke el up and we went to eat breakfast just as i was about to sit down there was a knock at the door. I got up to open it to see Murray Bauman standing at my door.

"he's alive Joyce" murray screamed in joy

"he's what!" i shouted absoulutley shocked.