We're Getting Married!

Joyce's POV. 

Me and Karen were sat on the couch. The buzz of the party was in the kitchen and dining room or the basement for the kids. "so Joyce how was christmas morning with the family?" i smiled and gave her my left hand. "oh my god he proposed?" "yeah" "how, when?" she asked curiously. Karen was always one for gossip and romance. "he gave it me as the last present after the kids had opened the other presents, he said the most beautiful things it was amazing Karen truly amazing" i said smiling "well champagne to celebrate?" she asked leaving towards the kitchen "yes please Karen" we sat talking for ages about the wedding and the planning this was different from when me and lonnie got engaged, very different.

Eleven's POV.

We were all in Mike's basement the boys and Erica were playing with their new games, Nancy, Jonathan Steve and Robin were all talking about work which left me and Max gossiping about this morning and our new presents. "so whats your favourite present?" max asked me "my new skateboard" Max gasped "wait you have a skateboard?" i smiled at her "yes i was hoping you could teach me" she nodded her head "of course i will teach you, what did your dad get Will's mom?" she asked seeing Karen and Joyce gossip upstairs earlier.

"oh they got engaged" Max looked shocked "wait what your dad and wills mom got engaged" she shouted so everyone else downstairs heard "they what" nancy exclaimed "Jonathan you didn't tell me?" he looked shocked at her reaction. "uh no i didn't think it was important" he said sheepishly "dude your mom got engaged and you didn't tell us" steve said shocked. After a while we were all gossiping about the wedding and what would happen.

Hopper's POV.

"so how did it go?" flo asked curiously. I smiled at her "well we are here together so what do you think?" i said sarcastically. "so when are you thinking of getting married" flo asked "i'm not too sure we haven't really spoken about it yet but probably summer" i said. The rest of the night was spent drinking, dancing and talking.

----------------------------------------three months later(march)----------------------------------------------------

Hopper's POV. 

I had to postpone my house hunting until after the wedding because i wanted it to be absolutley perfect for Joyce and today was the day when she went to get the dresses for her and her bridesmaids and according to Nancy and Karen i couldn't go. I was stuck at home with my bestmet Jonathan, Will, Steve, Mike, Lucas and Dustin. I wanted to see her but they were long gone at the newly improved starcourt mall.

Joyce's POV.

Me and my bridesmaids all arrived at the newly renovated starcourt mall, i have to admit it is weird being here. The last time i was here i thought i lost Hopper and he isn't with me now. Mabye this isn't a good idea. Breathe in and out. Okay i'm okay we need dresses. We walked into the store and the dresses were all beautiful. First shopping for the bridesmaids Karen, El, Max, Nancy, Robin. The colour scheme for the wedding was light blue and light pink so thats the colours the dresses had to be.

El and Max's dresses were going to be light pink and Nancy, Robin and Karen were going to have light blue dresses. "okay everyone look for a dress in the colour i gave you and bring it here and we'll see if they are good" i said while looking for my own dress. "Joyce" i heard a familiar girl say "whats wrong el?" i asked turning around she looked upset "how do i know what to pick?" she asked "well your colour is light pink so look for a dress that is light pink and that you like, do you want help?" i asked her this because i wasn't having any luck finding a dress i liked "yes please" i smiled "come on lets go and look" i pulled her over to the bridesmaid dress section. 

---------------------------------------AN HOUR LATER-------------------------------------------------------------------

Joyce's POV. 

All of the bridesmaids finally had their dresses. El has a long light pink dress with one strap and sequins(mermaid dress). Max has a knee length light pink dress with two straps and glitter on the top half (like a short ballgown). Robin has the same dress as max but in light blue and the straps are halterneck. Nancy has a long light blue dress with a corset back and sweetheart neckline(strapless). And finally Karen has a simple flowy light blue dress with lace on the top half(full length).

Now it was time to look for my dress. I hate shopping for myself but this was important. It is my wedding dress it has to be perfect. All the others had tried on their dresses and they had been bought. "joyce are you okay?" i heard nancy say from behind me "yeah i'm fine i'm just trying to find the perfect dress" i carried on walking around the countless racks of dresses. "i'm sure you'll find the one" Karen said from behind us. "yeah i hope so" i said sighing.

-------------------------------------20 MINUTES LATER-----------------------------------------------------------------

Joyce's POV.

I had now tried on countless dresses and i liked none of them. We were just about to leave when i saw it. The perfect dress. It had been right in the middle of the room the whole time and i hadn't spotted it once. "hey guys i found another dress" i said making the girls stop in their tracks. "wow it's beautiful" max said admiring the dress with el. I got a worker to help me try it on and when i walked out of the changing room everyone's jaws dropped "oh my gosh Joyce its perfect look in the mirror" said Karen pointing the way "wow it's..." i couldn't finish my sentence instead el butted in and said "pretty, really pretty" There it was the perfect dress. I bought the dress and we all walked back to Karen's car loading the dresses in the back. 

"anyone up for lunch before we leave?" karen asked shutting the back doors of the car. "totally i would kill for a hot dog on a stick right now" robin said "okay then lets go back inside" Nancy said leading the way. We ate lunch, laughed, talked and planned it was great, today was a great day.

Hopper's POV.

It was 2pm and the girls finally got back from their shopping trip. When Joyce and El walked in i excpected them to be alone and have bags but no there was no bags and Max was with them. "hey girls where are the bags?" i asked slightly confused "you can't see the dresses until the wedding day" Max replied "tradition" El said. "okay then how was your day then?" i asked walking to sit near Joyce on the couch "it was great we had an amazing time, oh and Max is staying for a sleepover i hope thats okay" she said switching the TV channel "yeah thats fine, the boys went to the arcade if you guys wanna go" i said directing my words to El and Max "no Dad that's okay Max is going to teach me how to skateboard todaywe might go out to learn though" "thats fine just be careful okay" she sighed "okay Dad we will see you later" The two young girls left the house leaving me and Joyce alone watching a RomCom.

Max's POV.

"so el are you excited for the wedding?" i asked her while we were looking for a good place to skate "yes very Will said that Joyce would be like my mom is that right?" i smiled "yeah kind of like a step-mom meaning like a second mom, i mean you could still call her mom if you want" she placed her skateboard on the floor of my street the best place to skate "really?" she smiled "yes but thats your choice no one elses" After 30 minutes El could finally skate in a line without falling this was a good start.

----------------------------------------August (the wedding day)------------------------------------------------------