Family

Will's POV.

Me and El picked out loads of games to play with Hop and Mom. We chose to play scrabble first. "can we play on teams?" el asked. She was smart but English and spelling wasn't her strong suit "sure El you're on my team" i said. I was good at scrabble so me and El would have a pretty good chance. "okay looks like its me and you Hop" mom said turning to Hopper smiling. They didn't do a great job hiding that they liked eachother. Hopper went crazy on Lonnie yesterday when he was here for mom and us. He makes mom really happy anyone can see that so i'm okay with it.

Joyce's POV.

Me and Hop sat one side of the table and El and Will opposite us. We began playing the game when i felt Hopper's hand grabbing mine. He was hand was huge and warm it made me feel safe. I was hoping the kids didn't realise both us had one hand under the table. We carried on playing until El eventually got bored i looked up at the clock to see it was mid day. El and Will ran off to put scrabble back and me and Hop just sat there hand in hand for a few moments. 

"lets play uno" el exclaimed returning me to reality. "okay sure" hop said moving his hand away from mine to deal the cards "looks like were not on a team anymore" i said acting sad. "yeah true but mabye i'll win this time" he said smirking at me. I laughed at him and started playing the game.

--------------------------------------TIME SKIP TO 5PM-----------------------------------------------------

Hopper's POV. 

We have been playing games for hours i looked up at the clock and saw it was 5pm and the kids hadn't eaten a proper meal since breakfast. I nudged Joyce "we need to eat dinner" she sighed and put the cards down "okay what shall we have?" she turned to the kids. "pizza" they both said giving each other a high five "okay sure i'll go and order it" i said walking over to the phone in the hall. Once i ordered the pizza i walked back to the table but no one was there. I assumed they had moved to the couch to watch TV.

I walked over to where they were sat and they left me a seat between Joyce and El. I sat down and Will grabbed a blanket. El and Will were leaned up against each other like true siblings. They had a brilliant relationship and understood each other when no one else did. Joyce was sat at the end of the couch, she spun around slightly and leaned her head up against my chest. I placed my arm around her shoulder and held her closer to me. El and Will couldn't take their eyes off the movie on the screen. 

A knock on the door shifted everyone's eyes away from the screen. It was the pizza "i'll get it" i said walking up to the door and answering. I gave the delivery driver the money and bought the pizza into the house. El and Will immediatly shot up and we sat around the small coffee table in the living room. After eating we returned to the same seats on the couch and me and Joyce got back into the same position. El had just looked over at us and then she whispered something into Will's ear as the credits were playing. "whats so important we can't hear" i asked el "just something about our new D&D campaign can we be excused to plan it" she asked with puppy dog eyes. "sure have fun" i said getting up to clear the pizza boxes. Her and will ran off to his room.

Eleven's POV.

Me and Will ran through the hall to his room. I had to tell him what i saw in the void but would he keep it a secret from everyone else? I have to tell him we are basically siblings and friends don't lie. "whats up what did you need to tell me?" will asked concerned. I closed the door and made sure it was locked before saying anything. "its about something i saw in the void when i slept over at Max's house but before i tell you promise me you won't tell anyone else" i said sitting down next to him. "i promise" he said with a reassuring look. 

"when i slept at Max's we played a game it was my idea we placed names on a board and spun a bottle to spy on someone" i said "okay who did it land on?" will asked intrigued. "my dad" "what was he doing?" "he was kissing your mom" i said quickly "what! no way" will said excitedly "do you think their together?" he asked "oh most definetly they were holding hands while we were playing games earlier and my dad had his arm around her while we were watching the movie" i told will "and the way they look at each other their a perfect couple" will said excitedly giving me a hug "we can be family" i said hugging him back.

A few minutes later we both walked into the kitchen to grab a drink "shall we tell Jonathan?" will asked me curiously. "i'm not sure how he would react mabye keep it between me you and max for now" he sighed "okay but i'm sure he'll eventually figure it out himself" me and will joined dad and Joyce for another movie. 

---------------------------------------------TIME SKIP CHRISTMAS EVE------------------------------------------------

Hopper's POV.

The kids now know me and Joyce are dating and we are all really happy besides the fact we need a new house. It was her day off so i decided i was going to look at houses all day when i didn't have to be called out. I already had a christmas gift sorted so this was going to be an extra gift for valentines day. I pulled up to the station and got out of my new blazer. I mean i needed a knew one the last one i had got blown up with Joyce inside. I walked into the station smoking and of course like every morning Flo took it out of my mouth.

"what are those files in your hands cheif?" flo asked throwing away the cigarette. Crap i bought the house files in here. "oh just something i'm working on alone" i said walking into my office. After a day of browsing through houses i locked the files in the safe in my office and left.

---------------------------------------------CHRISTMAS DAY--------------------------------------------------------------