Sleepovers

Max's POV. 

Me and el were sat on my bed reading my new wonder woman comics but i was getting bored so i asked her "hey what shall we do next" she looked at me with a devilish grin and said "why don't we spy on people i have my powers now" "yes lets do it i'll grab the stuff and set up" i ran around the house finding paper, a pen an empty bottle and a blindfold. I ran back in to my room to find el had changed my TV channel so she could concerntrate. I wrote down Hopper, Steve, Robin, Erica, Ted Wheeler and Murray Bauman on the slips of paper. "you can spin first" i said to El handing her the bottle. She spun it and it landed on Hopper pretty cool that she can spy on her dad. "this is going to be so funny" el said laughing. She put the blindfold on and went into the void.

Eleven's POV.

I landed on my dad so i'm in the void now trying to find him with max beside me "i see him" i said to max happily "where is he?" she asked "on the Byers couch" i replied "that's a pretty normal place to be what's he doing?" max asked intrigued. " he's kissing someone" i said disgusted. Max just laughed alot "can you find out who?" she asked "only if i have seen them before and i get close enough" i replied "can you do it or is it unsafe?" she was concerned now. "i can do it"

I walked closer to my dad and the Byers couch i got close enough to see the shadow of the other person and when i got closer and the other person formed it was Joyce Byers. I took a second look to make sure it was her and it was. Oh My God!!! My day was kissing Joyce i ripped off the blindfold and rolled around the floor laughing. "who was it who else did you see?" she asked me handing me a tissue for my nose.

"It was Joyce" i laughed just thinking about what i saw. Max looked utterly shocked "Joyce as in Joyce Byers and your dad were kissing oh my gosh" she fell to the floor laughing with me. "yeah Joyce Byers" i managed to say. "no way shall we tell the others" max asked "i'm not sure yet mabye we should keep it to ourselves until they tell everyone else" i said getting back onto the bed. "good idea we wouldn't want to get into trouble"

Max's POV.

El had fallen to sleep because it was like 3am and i was still awake thinking about what she saw in the void i mean no way Joyce and Hopper were dating in secret that's so cool. El can finally have a mother figure in her life and have a real family im so happy for her. 

---------------------------------------NEXT MORNING AT 11AM--------------------------------------------------------

Eleven's POV.

I woke up to birds singing outside of Max's bedroom window i awoke her so we could get home before the boys did. Me and Max started walking to the Byers house after a quick change of clothes. When we arrived we were happy to see the boys hadn't arrived yet. I unlocked the door with the spare key Joyce left under the mat and we walked in to see Joyce and my dad cuddled up on the couch with a blanket over them. 

"look how cute they are" max said pointing at them as we walked into the kitchen. "shh try not to wake them" i said pouring us both a glass of water. "Hungry?" i asked Max. "uh yeah do you have eggos?" she smiled at me. "of course we do" i laughed and put some eggos in the toaster. The pop was louder than i expected and just after it i saw Joyce emerge from the couch. Oh no we had woken her.

She walked in in a beautiful lacey black dress that fit just above her knees. "hi Joyce i'm sorry did we wake you?" i asked while placing mine and Max's eggos on plates. She approached the fridge and said "no that's okay girls i sleep light and i would have needed to get up soon" me and max digged into our eggos while Joyce made breakfast for her and dad. 

Just as the smell of the breakfast started to spread through the house dad got up and walked into the kitchen "morning girls, morning Joyce need any help?" he said walking towards her "no it's okay Hop take a seat. Me and Max were one side of the table leaving dad and Joyce to sit at the other.

Joyce's POV.

I layed breakfast out on the table for me and Hop and the girls were across from us drinking juice and gossiping. I sat down and after a few minutes Hop put his hand on my hand which was under the table when the girls weren't looking. We made eye contact and we must have been staring at eachother for a while because i zoned out until i heard the girls laughing. 

Both of our heads turned quickly "whats so funny?" Hop asked sternly "nothing" both of the girls replied in unison "okay then" i said "any plans for today?" Max and El nodded their heads "were all meeting up at the arcade later and Nancy and Jonathan are going to the movies" max said "okay then make sure to be careful" Hop said looking at El "don't worry i'll be fine dad" she repiled touching his hand. They both got up and left the table. 

"i guess that just leaves us again" i said laughing remembering last night "what's todays plans" i asked. "visiting Flo i heard they don't have a cheif yet and i'm going to get you that job detective Byers" he said laughing. "come on the we don't want to wait all day" i said grabbing his arm and the car keys.

We arrived at the police station and walked to Flo's desk.

Hopper's POV.

"my gosh Hopper we thought you were dead" flo said shocked i was here. "turns out not so much" i replied laughing. "i take it your here to get your job back cheif" she said damn she knows me too well. "yep Flo thats right and i'm wondering if we can get Joyce a job as cheif's detective" i said nudging Joyce. "that's fine by me cheif the office is still how you left it and Joyce your in" Yes i was thinking i didn't have to take breaks to see Joyce anymore she could work with me.