Home Alone

Hopper's POV.

The kids were all at their friends houses which left me and Joyce home alone. I was in the kitchen about to make dinner when Joyce walked in and said "i think i'll take you up on that date at enzo's" wow she's amazing and she remembered our plans before those assholes captured me. "Uh yeah sure we'll go tonight" i replied smiling "go and get ready we'll leave at 7" she left the room and i left the house to see if i could find anything to wear at the cabin.

Joyce's POV. 

I ran into my room throwing all of my clothes out of the closet. "damn it why don't i have anything nice to wear" i exclaimed. Then i heard Hopper leave the house i assumed he was going to find something to wear at the cabin. 

That's when i got to the bottom of my closet and i found it a black lacey dress. I put it on and i knew it was the right dress for tonight, it fit right above my knee and complemented my body shape perfectly. I went over to my dresser and picked out my favourite silver necklace with a heart locket attached to the chain. 

I put on some black heels and some light makeup including, lipstick, nude eyeshadow and mascara. I walked out of my room and sat on the couch it was 6:50 pm Hop should be here soon.

Hopper's POV.

I got to the cabin and it was a total wreck i could still get in though. I stepped over fallen bookshelfs and wooden planks and got to my closet. Jeez what to wear i had to impress her look nice after all this was our first official date. Wow a date with Joyce Byers this almost feels like a dream.

"yes got it" i shouted. I picked up a shirt the twin of the one i wore on July 4th it wasn't the exact same but it was very similar. I grabbed my jacket and left for the car it was 6:45 pm she would be waiting.

I drove as fast as i could back to the Byers household i didn't want to be late not for this date. I pulled up to the Byers at 6:58pm i was just in time. I knocked on the door waiting for her response she opened the door and my god she looked absolutely gorgeous "wow you look... wow" damn it Hop spit it out "amazing" i finally said taking her hand "you don't look to bad yourself" she laughed. I could listen to her laugh all day.

Joyce's POV.

Me and Hop got into the car i could tell he was nervous but i didn't know why he didn't have to impress me i already loved him and i always will. The car ride was pretty silent apart from small talk. When we finally arrived at enzo's Hop opened the doors for me being a gentleman as some would say.

We ordered food and drinks and we chatted and laughed for hours when he said "i love you Joyce Byers" i started to blush and said "i love you too Jim Hopper" we eventually left Enzo's and got into the car.

Hopper's POV.

"what time are the kids back tomorrow?" i asked breaking the awkward silence forming between us. "i'm not sure whenever they decide to come back i guess" she giggled. We got back to the house and cuddled up in the blanket on the couch and watched TV "are you okay?" i asked Joyce because i saw her smile fade. I knew something was bothering her but i wasn't sure what. "the kids i'm worried about them i know it's stupid and their safe now but i'm scared." she started to cry in my arms. "hey hey it's okay i worry about El all the time it's normal as a parent they're going to be fine." she was crying for a while but she started to calm down and she fell to sleep in my arms. When i realised she was asleep i carried her to her room and layed her on her bed and put a blanket over her and left the room.

Joyce's POV.

I woke up in my room not remembering how i got here and then it clicked Hop must have carried me in here after i fell to sleep. I was still in my dress and it was 1am but wheres hop? I ran into the living room to see if he was there but he wasn't i started to panic but then i saw the porch light on. I opened the door to see him sat on the porch swing smoking. "hey you okay Joy?" he asked me looking slightly concerned. "yeah yeah i'm fine i was just a little confused" i sat next to him on the swing. He handed me the cigarette and after i took a smoke i handed it back.

Me and Hop had always shared cigarettes since high school under the bleachers 5th and 6th period that was until Lonnie came along and Hop went to Vietnan. 

Hopper's POV. 

Joyce was shivering she looked freezing too. I took off my jacket and gave put it around her arms and held her close to me. Once we had finished smoking neither of us were tired so we decided to watch some more TV. I wanted to kiss her but i didn't want to make anything awkward. I guess we were dating so it wouldn't be so i kissed her and she kissed me back and climbed on top of me.