True Feelings

As though expecting Kasen, Kyle observes the evening sky.
“I knew since the moment you joined Legion you'd be bothersome.” He said. "The reason they even allowed a slum to join was to see if they were capable of, well anything."

“If I bothered you so badly why didn’t you just deal with me yourself instead of using Melony.”

“Seemed ethical,” he faces Kasen. “Best case scenario would’ve been one less slum. I don't understand why we had a slum district in the first place. It's be better of Legion to have just killed them , then again it would us no better than slums. Like t he brutal era that was nothing more than mindless killing. Evenrise was built to begin an era of more civilized apparitions, but some clung on to the brutal days. So we ‘carefully’ selected those who would secure our future from those who’d destroy it. That's how the title of slum came to be. Decades of hard work easily ruined the day you were permitted to join Legion and to even further insult you became close with the sacred ruler.”

“All this because you're jealous. Well you succeeded in separating us."

“Now all that’s left to do is kill you and wipe every trace of her memory of you.” Kyle draws a fancy blue and white blade.

“I'm not fighting for Ashli." Kasen draws his sword too. "I’m here to put an end to you exploiting others.”

“Whatever the reason is Ashli belongs to me!” Kyle attacks Kasen using a professional style of swordplay.

“How does it feel?” Kyle taunted while continuing his assault “To be a slum, useless, never amounting to anything? You may be elite class but you're still an inferior slum!” Kyle is surprised when Kasen catches his arm during his next attack

“SHUT THE HELL UP!”  Kasen knocks Kyle off balance with a power slash. He then rapidly punches and finishes with a crushing uppercut.

"I joined to protect this world just like anyone else. Seems to me  enemies of Legion aren’t only feral, but Legion operatives as well.”

“That's all?" Kyle chuckked. "It doesn't matter the reason. The fact is you're a slum. Your time spent stealing made you miss out on the true ability apparition’s possess. Allow me to show you.”

A white and blue aura swarms around Kyle as he points his sword at Kasen. “Know your place…submit!”

Kasen becomes immobilized when dark blue aura covers over him, then forces him to the ground

Kyle laughs at Kasens current state.

“You’re wondering what’s happening to you. It’s simple, we ‘superior’ apparitions use our natural energy called aura for abilities called enchants. As a high noble of Evenrise the inferior bow before my power unable to move until I say so.”

Kasen snarls, trying to move but to no avail.

“Now let's get to the part where I erase you from existence” Kyle boot kicks Kasen square in the face launching him back several feet. Crimson leaks from a slash above his eye. Trying to get up he feels himself being weighed down again.

“The inferior will remain bowing to their king for as long as he wishes. He places his foot on Kasen’s face and applies pressure. “This is truly satisfying for me. I and only I can be with Ashli, she is destined to rule and I'll shall be her king. Together we'll make a world free of damned slum and feral...starting with you."

Kyle readies to impale Kasens through the head, but sees Ashli standing a few feet away observing them. He releases Kasen and humbly bows to her.

“My Lady,” he says smoothly. “I hoped  you wouldn’t have to witness what needs to be done, but you have proof this slums far too weak to stand at your side, but with me at your side were unstoppable. My love for you has made me stronger than I'd ever hope for. Let us rule this world together." He holds out his hand to her.