Kasen: 15 Years

Kasen stood in an open plain. The premonition of Eventide destroyed has haunted him for several months, and has yet to tell anyone.
Over the past several months the elitist have been training under Commander Omar who hounds at Kasen for just about anything. He learned Ashli and Kika were descendent's of the ruling class of apparitions. Ashli, being a Sacred, the ruling class of light apparitions and Kika the Demon ruling over dark apparitions.

"Kasen!" Omar yelled, snapping Kasen out of his daze.

He and the other elits in training were assigned pest control when a citizen had hired them for service. One of the many ways Legion earns its income and respect among the citizens. Kasen too distracted hadnt slain any. When the area is clear they line up.

"Excellent," Omar said "Especially to our young rulers, you'll make great elitist." He gazes upon Kasen who avoids his stare. "You know nothing is keeping you from returning to the slums.

Kasens can't come up with an excuse.

"Are you okay?" Kika examines him.

"Don't pity him," Omar barked. "What is the law of my faction?"

"Only excellence," the group chants. "Less is inexcusable."

"Look at this one, not only is he failing his purpose to Legion, he is also a slum. Dont let him bring you down to his level. We'll reconvene near the Southernwood in an hour were you'll be evaluated for your Mark of Legion Exam."

The group disperses. Those walking past Kasen make crude comments.

"I don't think you're a loser." Kika patted Kasen on the back.

"Thanks, I guess," Kasen sighed. "It's just that..."

Kika slapped Kasen, across the face.

"You're supposed to be a good friend, stop pouting."

Ashli sighs at them and begins to leave.

"Ashli," Kasen yelled. "I'll do better, I promise."

"...Good job so far," she replies sarcastically.

"Is this a bad time?" Vonnie now eleven years arrives, smiling and waving at them. She qualified into Stealth faction.

"It is for me," Kika sang as she left them.

"Are you ok?" Kasen asked after not seeing Vonnie for sometime.

"Yes, you look like you're doing well," she chuckled, to which Kasen faintly smiles.

"There's something I need to tell you. During our last assignment we came across a feral camp. There were screams of torture coming within begging Chantel to forgive them.

"Chantel," grits Kasen. "Of course she's connected with the feral."

"It's in the Easternwood, we could investigate ourselves."

"Definitely. Let's go."

They make their way through the Easternwood. The sun shines bright through the trees. They go past the site Kasen had investigated several months ago, which had mysteriously disappeared. Arriving at the feral camp they hide in bushes and observe them piling crates together while others loiter. Screams of torture can be heard from within.

"C'mon Kasen we'll set this done in no time.

"Time?" Kasen had been so caught up in finding Chantel he forgot he needed to reconvene at the Southernwood, and the trip had taken nearly all his free time.

"Damn! we have to go now!." Kasen panic, which sets off an alarm. He and Vonnie are then surrounded by many feral. They stand back to back as the feral close in and attack.