Friends Forever

(4 Years Ago)

Late evening on the lake side of Legion, Kasen and Kika decide to chill out after a long days work around the city. Kika lays along a branch higher up while Kasen peacefully stands against it below.

"Kasen. We're friends right?" 

"Of course we are." Kasen replied 

"But WHY?"

"Well I didn't have much choice." Sighed Kasen. "You were going to suffocate yourself otherwise."

"Oh yea." Kika giggled. "You know you could've said no."

"I didn't want to have a guilty conscious."

"...You were my first friend." She said embarrassed. "I grew up alone. I hated it so much that just the thought of being alone again frightens me. When I came here I told myself I'd never have that feeling anymore. What I'm trying to say is...thank you Kasen for being my friend."

Kasen looks up at Kika seeing her smile at him, but the memory begins to fade away as he stares at the present Kika. His thoughts twisted, chest heavy, and the memory of her attempt to murder him haunting. Kika however looks thrilled she has reunited with her old friend. She hops down from the tree branch and with poor landing skills face plants into the ground. 

"Ow son of bitch," She complained, as she got up and brushed herself off. "Effing tree, stupid ground. Who's the genius that planted it there cause he obviously wasn't thinking that something like that wouldn't happen."

Kika had believed her miss landing was someone else's fault. Her personality remained intact. 

"Why are you here?" Kasen growled, trying his best to be collected.

"Waiting and or looking for you duh." Kika happily replied. 

"Well here I am..."

"Ooookay?" Kika replied. "How ya been?" 

"Have you seriously forgotten?" Kasen's anger growing. "What you've done to our world, our home, to me? You and Ashli destroyed everything, you've been playing everyone for fools, you swore we'd always be friends and then...you nearly killed me. I can't forgive you. I won't. YOU CANT LOOK ME IN THE EYE AND TELL ME YOU'VE FORGOTTEN!"

Kika looks at him bitterly. 

"Ashli," Kika softly hisses. "Has she poisoned you against me too? I should've expected this. You may not know, but I had convinced her to choose you over Kyle, because I knew he was a jerk ass." 

"What's that suppose to mean?!" Kasen demanded.

"Doesn't matter now," Kika replied. "I know were things go from here, and I wish there was another way after all, you know how I feel about fighting." Kika reaches over behind her and clutches the air. A series of purple water auras form a colossal sword roughly the same size as herself. The blade is a mix of purple and black colors that ripple like water and sparkles as if the moon light was shinning against it. At the end of the blade is a series of teeth and listening hard enough you can hear soft hisses. The hilt is solid black and a violet marble on the end. This is Kasen's first time seeing Kika's weapon, and he felt quite intimidated by it appearance. 

"This sword is called Demon Cross (X). I inherited it genetically by my stupid father it's a constant reminder of everything I loathe. I wish there was some other way for us to settle but you've already made up your mind." 

Not sure what Kika is talking about Kasen drew his sword. He couldn't afford any distractions. He remembers clearly that it was her and Ashli who nearly killed him several years ago and then proceeded to contaminate the apparition world with negative element. Kika had to be dealt with.