Chapter 19

-Invitation-

“She wants you to do what?” Warren asked, or more like yelled loud enough to make everyone wince. Bracken had just gotten back from the “date” and had finished telling them about what had happened, though it seemed to Seth like he had left a few bits out.
“I told her I wasn’t going to do it. She’s feeling guilty about the last three years, and probably almost killing me.” Bracken said, but Seth still couldn’t believe that his sister would think they would kill her. Even if her body was taken over by an evil version of herself.
“Yeah, that is not something we’re doing. Maybe Tanu will find something, has anybody heard from him?” Seth asked.
“Not yet, but he should be calling soon.”
After a few more minutes of thinking of ways to get the necklace when a knock came from the door, “Are we expecting anybody?” Vanessa asked.
“Not that I know of,” Seth said, getting up and heading for the door. He opened it to find an envelope addressed to My dearest family and friends.
“Guys, we have a problem, I think,” Seth called, and everybody came into the living room.
“What is it?” Bracken asked.
“A letter from her,” Seth said, opening the letter.
“What does it say?” Vanessa asked.
Seth unfolded the letter and started to read it out loud,

“Dear lovley people,
I understand after recent events that you all need time to let go of the old Kendra, the dead one. That’s why I’m hosting a funeral, tomorrow at twelve at the old church twelve miles from this very house.
Hope to see you soon

Love the new better Kendra.”

“Well isn’t that lovely,” Warren said, “I guess we have a funeral to get ready for.”