Chapter Seventeen

"All right. We got everything?" you asked Michael and Trevor. You were in the driver's seat with Trevor in the passenger's seat and Michael sitting in the back of the van. 

"Think so," Michael said. He glanced at his phone. "I still don't have any service."

You whipped your phone out of your pocket and checked hopefully. "I don't have any service, either. Trevor, do you?"

"Yeah," he grunted. He took his phone out and programmed his GPS to have Sandy Shores as the destination. He gave a scoff. "We're really in buttfuck nowhere, huh?"

"Wait," Michael said, "why are you the only one who has service, T? Have you had service this whole time?"

"Yes, I have. Maybe if you cared a little, you would have asked," Trevor sniffed in disdain as he glowered at Michael.

"Are you shitting me?" you said incredulously. "We could have avoided everything that happened last night if you'd just told us!" You smacked the steering wheel in anger.

"Consider it a lesson on why communication's important, hun," Trevor said with a dark smirk. 

"Jesus H. Christ," you hissed. "Give me that phone so I know where I'm going. And set it to a gas station, too."

The ride home was relatively silent. The radio was faintly playing West Coast Classics, but you were mostly lost in your own thoughts. I could have never gone through the clusterfuck of last night if he'd just told us, and he knew it the whole time! Who does that?

You dropped the van along with Trevor and Michael off at Trevor's trailer before walking the rest of the distance home. Your hips protested as you made your way down the street and you made sure your hair covered your neck. The closer you got to your trailer, the more clearly you could hear pop music blaring from it. When you got into closer sight, you realized it had been fully painted on the exterior. Thank you, Gabi. At least I got one win.

You opened the door to hear Fergalicious accompanied by oboxious off-key singing. You were pleasantly surprised to see the interior of your abode had drastically changed. The walls were now painted coral pink with white trimming at the tops and bottoms. Gabi had rearranged the furniture and hung odd yet tasteful decorations on the walls. To your surprise, you saw there was a new TV in the living room. Gabi had her back turned to you as she eyed herself in your bedroom mirror. 

"Hey," you said above the cacophony.

"Wh- Oh my God, [Y/N]. You would not believe the time I had while you were gone,"  Gabi chattered as soon as she stopped singing. She quickly turned the music off. As you looked closer at her, you realized her pupils were unusually dilated. "I played poker with a dopey juggalo and some dude who smelled like ointment and cat piss and I won $5,000, and then, as if it weren't enough, I..." she started giggling and snorting. "They had a whole bunch of drugs and shit hanging out beneath a blanket and I fucking stole them! They're under the bed. Those dumbasses didn't even notice. I tried a sample and, well, look around to see how well they worked. Trevor Philips Industries, move over, here comes Gabi Geddes!" She began twirling around with her arms in the air, then landed with an embrace to your neck.

"Wait, are you talking about Ron and Wade?" you asked. 

Gabi removed her arms from you, tilted her head 90 degrees, and gave an exaggerated shrug. "Maybe. Those names sound right." As she spoke, she looked at your neckline and noticed the collection of bruises and scrapes you'd accumulated from Trevor. It seemed as if the view had sobered her up a little. "[Y/N], did those men do something unforgivable to you? I will go over there and slaughter them with my own hands if they did one thing! I will, I'll fucking kill them!"