Chapter Twenty-Two

"This car isn't gonna fit all of us," you argued.

"Nonsense," Trevor insisted.

Michael had invited Trevor along with a plus-four to his house for a game night. You'd come up with the idea so Trevor would keep distracted on his three week record of being clean and relayed it to Michael, who was more than fine with pretending the idea was his own. Trevor had invited you, Ron, and Wade; you'd convinced him to bring Gabi instead of somebody else by nothing short of a miracle. You were driving with Trevor riding shotgun; in the backseat, Ron was squished between an annoyed Gabi and a blissfully ignorant Wade.

"I'm fine!" Wade exclaimed happily. "I like Ron."

"I'll be okay, boss," Ron promised Trevor.

Gabi said nothing, just gave you an amused look.

"See?" Trevor said, turning his head to you. "They're all happy and together. We should've dressed them up in coordinating outfits because they look adorable."

"Aw, thank you," Wade gushed with a dopey smile.

Small talk and low IQ banter ensued the whole way to Rockford Hills, much to your annoyance. You'd interject every now and then and had a few side conversations with Gabi, but other than that you remained focused on the road. By the time you got to Michael's home, it was 7:00 at night. The gate was already open and several cars littered the spacious brick driveway.

"All right, all of you had better be on your best behavior. I'm looking at you, Ron," Trevor warned. Ron gave a serious nod while Wade just looked at the house in a giddy manner.

You went to the door to find the house was unlocked. There were already plenty of people inside. You recognized Franklin, Michael, Amanda, and Tracey, but there were three people you weren't familiar with; a hefty middle-aged white guy with square-frame glasses and a cane, a tall slim black man wearing all green, and a husky kid, early 20s, with red hair. Michael gave Trevor an enthusiastic wave as Trevor came in for a hug, nearly knocking a drink out of Michael's hand as he did so. Amanda didn't look too happy at the embrace.

"Who're they?" she asked, gesturing at the small band of people he brought in.

"That one's [Y/N], who you've already met, that one's Wade, that one's Ron, and that one's Gabi. She's a bitch," Trevor explained.

"Why'd you have to bring a stripper?" Amanda asked him with a frown, gesturing toward Gabi as she spoke.

Gabi snorted at the remark. To be fair, she was wearing more skin than clothing.

"What? I-" Trevor began, cutting himself off as he looked at Gabi. "I wouldn't hire her if she paid me to get a job as a stripper. She dresses like a slut, don't ask me why she chose that outfit."

"All right, all right, all right," Michael said somewhat loudly, quelling the chitchat occurring in the room. You'd noticed the dining table had been added to so it could accommodate all the guests. "First game is Scrabble. There's uh, four, six, seven plus five... twelve people here, so we'll do groups of three. Trevor, Franklin, you're with me."

Gabi instantly shot you a look that said We're not splitting up. "Hey," Gabi called out to Tracey, "you're with us."

We're definitely gonna lose now, you thought with a faint smile of amusement. Tracey greeted the two of you fondly.

Tracey slammed her hand on the table as she sat down to represent your team. "Gabi, [Y/N], and me are a team," she declared.

"Who're you?" Wade asked.

Tracey shot him a frown. "My name's Tracey. Tray-see-uh. Like, from Fame or Shame?"

Wade gave her a dopey smile and a thumbs-up. "Never read it, but good for you. I wanna be with you, Ron."