Chapter Twenty-One

Two weeks had passed since Trevor had last smoked anything that wasn't a cigarette. Upon Gabi's insistence, you'd been spending most of the time at Trevor's place instead of yours. Trevor was more active than the week before, going out for drives and even a bicycle ride once. You'd assisted him with some more business deals, too; luckily, you hadn't had to kill anybody else. You shuddered every time you thought about what you'd done. Somehow, though, Trevor didn't seem too concerned with it. 

You were on your way with Trevor in his truck to the Liquor Ace to talk with Chef about supplies. He needed something to be delivered. Nothing he was eager to talk about over the phone.  You made your way up to the second level of the grimy building with Trevor, gagging a little at the scent of ammonia. 

"Got a real beaut of a batch this time," Chef said as you both walked into the room he was pacing around in. "Wanna taste?"

"Not today, my friend," Trevor said, putting a hand on Chef's shoulder, "Not today."

"Suit yourself, I suppose. There's a batch that's supposed to go east that's stored in a plane at McKenzie," Chef said. As Chef spoke, Trevor took his hand off Chef's shoulder and walked to a corner. You were confused as to what his motives were until you heard an unzipping of his jeans.

"Oh, don't do that!" you exclaimed in disgust. "There's a bathroom twenty feet away from you!"

Trevor turned his head to look at you, sighed, and zipped his jeans back up. "Get in the car," he said. "I'm leaving as soon as I'm done pissing whether you're in there or not." As he made his way down the stairs to get to the gas station bathroom, you heard him mutter, "What's it matter? Smells like piss up there anyways."

You nodded a goodbye to Chef and made your way outside, hopping in the truck just as Trevor walked out of the bathroom.

"Get back in there and wash your goddamn hands," you scolded. He immediately turned around to obey the request and came back out a moment later. 

"You sure are one to boss me around, you know," Trevor growled as the truck started. "I, for one, am a whole lot more hygienic now than I was before I met you."

"You should still at least try to stay germ-free," you countered. Trevor began opening his mouth, but he couldn't seem to think of a retort. "Where is McKenzie, anyways?"

"Grapeseed. Northeast of Sandy Shores. I could've sworn we'd been there before," Trevor answered. 

"Not that I can recall," you said with a sigh. "What'll we be doing in Grapeseed, anyways? Loading shipments onto a plane?"

"If needed," Trevor replied. "And flying it out east. There's a little island called Attlecone between here and the mainland we'll drop it over."

"Fuck," you murmured. You'd forgotten he knew how to pilot aircraft, and you didn't know how comfortable you'd feel being in one with him as the driver.

"Hey," Trevor said as if. reading your thoughts, "I haven't had an accident yet. Major accident, at least."

"Thanks for the reassurance," you laughed. 

Trevor took a left turn and pulled into a dirt driveway which housed an aircraft hanger. He parked the truck and turned it off, tossing you a headset as he got out. "So we can talk better when we're in the air."

You were both pleasantly surprised to find the shipment loaded onto the plane and ready to go. You felt yourself shaking a little bit as you entered the passenger's side. You didn't like flying in the first place, let alone with Trevor as the pilot. You put the headset on as Trevor put his on and started the plane. It roared to life quickly, making you jump.