Truth

I tapped on the counter with my long fingernails, waiting anxiously for the doctor to come in. I'm so impatient, that's probably why I struggle so much with this stuff.

Suddenly she came in, with an assuring look on her face. "Hello. I have the results. You are not pregnant."

I sighed in relief and smiled. "Thank you so much." I say, while hopping off of the counter.

It's not that I don't want a baby, it's that I don't have time for another one. Maybe after I finish this tour.

"No problem. Stay safe!"

Angela and I left the doctors office and got into the car. I buckled my seatbelt and put my purse down in the grown, while Angela joined me. "Ah I'm so relieved."

She started up her car and started to pull out of the parking space. "That's good. What're you going to tell John?"

I shrugged. "I don't really know. He told me he wanted another baby, but I said I didn't. He might be a little hurt but I'm sure he'll understand. With the tour an everything, you know?"

"Yeah. I'm sure he'll understand."

I nodded and looked out the window, while staring at my reflection. The sun was shining brightly, with perfect shaped clouds in the sky. It was a beautiful day, I just can't wait for tomorrow.

"Katy. We're home."

I turned around, while giving her a hug. "Thanks so much Ang. I really appreciate it."

"No problem, Katy Bird. Look, if you need anything else don't be afraid to give me a call. I'm always here."

I tighten the hug and then let go. "Bye! Tell Stella I said hi!" I say while shutting the door.

"Okay! Bye!"

I waved at her, while mouthing 'goodbye', and ran inside the house. I slammed the door shut when I heard a voice coming from the kitchen.

"Katy?" I heard John's voice.

I dropped my purse when I finally made eye contact with him. He smiled and opened up his arms, while I ran my way towards him. When I reached him, I wrapped my arms around his neck, as he twirled me around. I crinkled my nose and giggled, while his warm lips met my cheek.

"Do you want to hear the news?" I giggled, and put my hands on his shoulders.

He let me down and cupped my face with his hands.

"I'm not pregnant. No worries, for now."

I could tell he was kind of hurt, but at the same time he realized that it's probably for the best right now.

His smile faded. "Oh. Okay."

"I'm sorry." I sighed, while putting my head on his chest.

"It's okay. I know you have your tour and everything, and it wouldn't be fair."

"Thank you for understanding. Now why don't you go pick up Scarlett?"

"Sure thing."

I pecked his lips and smiled.

"I'll be back soon."

"Okay. Bye love."