Chapter 19 [Celeste's POV]

Picture is of Celeste

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm dressed in a cream cotton slip, my soft blonde hair falling over my shoulders in pale gold waves. I sigh. I look hopelessly like a little girl. I try twisting it up, plaiting it, putting it in a bun, until Lues grabs my arm and holds it back. He looses it from the plait and pulls me against him. "You look beautiful," he says gently. The angels are helping out in the kitchen and the demons are in the boys dorm. But me and Lues are staying in my bedroom: my real bedroom, not the one in the dormitories for after initiation  but the one I usually sleep in. We're spending the night together: we've never actually done that before.

Lues looks effortlessly special in a black tshirt and black trousers, his dark hair flicking across his pale forehead. I look irritatingly like myself. I never really bothered to look at me in comparison to other girls before but now I do. If Lues liked one of them over me I couldn't live with it.

Lues rolls his eyes at me and pulls me down next to him on my bed.

"You look perfect," he tells me. "Now stop freaking." He pulls me closer, until I can feel his heartbeat beneath his t-shirt. He wraps his arms around me and I can feel the muscles pressing against my back. My own heart starts beating. Our bodies fit together like some sort of perfect jigsaw. I press my face into his chest so he can't see me blushing; not that it works. He laughs softly to himself and tilts my face upwards.

I scowl at him, but I can't stop myself wrapping my arms around him. He's so perfect that it can't be true. And he's mine. I turn softly so I can see him properly. He closes his eyes and pulls me on top of him, his hand caressing my golden hair. We're so close now that I can feel everything; the strong muscles in his arms and legs, his chest pressing against my stomach. He's exciting and addictive and wonderful - and a demon. Why would he pick me? An angel? I don't even know. But why do I care? He's mine and he loves me and that's all that matters.

Lues POV

I'll never understand why she's so shy when she's so beautiful. She's so close, every part of us is touching, and I can feel my heart thumping against hers. I hope she doesn't realize I'm just as nervous as she is. I can feel her soft chest pushing against me, our cheekbones touching, our arms wrapped around each other. Her lips are pressed against mine, and it's all I can do to restrain myself. Her pale gold hair flutters around me.

She rolls off me, and turns the TV on. We watch freaky horror movies for me - her screaming while I laugh, holding her hand at the scary parts - and cute romantic comedies for her. They are actually cute. A few weeks ago I would have found them ridiculous. She's changed me so much ... no, she hasn't. I feel like this part of me has always been there.

Then the warning bell sounds. My father rushes in. "We've captured a Fallen Angel. We need you to witness this."

"Why?" I say irritably. I don't want to see her get tortured and I don't want anything interrupting mine and Celeste's night. Evidently my dad has other ideas though.

"Lues," he says dangerously. "You are the prince. Even if you won't be much longer." He looks at Celeste as if he's just noticed she's there. "Your dad wants you to witness as well."

"Dad," I snap, "we are busy."

"No Lues, you are not, you are watching junk on TV with your latest fling. Now get into the hall. As you seem to understand other species better we might need you to figure something out. And also." He pauses. "She says she knows you. If that's true then you'll have some explaining to do." I can feel my cheeks heating.

"She is not a fling," I say through gritted teeth, "and they're not 'another species'. If you really insist, we'll be coming in five minutes." 

He storms out. 

I sit on the bed and yawn. Celeste gives me a sideways look. "Come on, Lues! They might torture this poor girl. What if it's Cadi?"

"If it's Cadi then I would like to film it," I mutter, but I roll my eyes and leave. 

We enter the room. "Lovely to see you two could make it," says Raven, her voice heavy with sarcasm.

We look at the Fallen Angel. White hair, piercings, tattoos. "Hello, Lues," she says, smiling with thin lips.

It's not Cadi. It's Tanith.

"Who are you to him? His second playtoy?" snarls Raven.

Tanith's lips twist into a bitter smile. "I'm his mother."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sorry for cliffhanger! Will update ASAP