Chapter 4 [Celeste's POV]

I don't see what else I could have done: if he wants my help or not, he's getting it. There's something about him - he's hiding something. Bt oh well. His secrets aren't my business.

I mop his leg with a concentration of forest flowers that should speed up the healing. It stings but he doesn't wince. He fidgets a little though.

"Keep still," I huff.

"I didn't think angels got irritated," he mocks. I open my mouth to reply heatedly, but then I close it again. He's right: angels don't get irritated.

"Sorry," I say. "I'm just missing my family."

For some reason this annoys him. I cleanse his wound, bind it firmly and haul him up.

"What are you doing?" he snaps.

"What, do you fancy kipping here for the night?" I shoot back, then clap my hands over my mouth. "Sorry! I didn't mean -"

"Whatever," he replies, his usual scowl on his face. I bite my lip to avoid a sarcastic comment and continue to walk. He walks steadily, lips pursed together. He's strong.

Lues' POV

"Don't tell people you're an Angel," I warn her. I don't need people knocking on our door asking for remedies every five seconds. "There are demons around." Well, that is true, isn't it?

She smiles like I've given her an enormous present. Why are angels so grateful? It's really annoying.

We find a cottage and ask for a place to stay.

"So who are you, then?" the woman, Mary, asks. "To each other, I mean."

She goes crimson. A lie?  What can she say? I can imagine all the annoyingly angelic thoughts running through my brain. Before she's finished panicking I've already given a smooth lie.

"We're brother and sister," I say.

"Okay. Only problem is, you'll have to share a bed."

She opens her mouth to protest but I accept with a smirk and drag her in.

"Lues!" she shrieks.

I grin. "What? We are brother and sister. Now stop shouting. It isn't befitting for an angel."

Judging by the look she gave me, if I was a demon, I'd be dead right now.