Part 22: Girls Talk

Skye, Raze, Sage were all hanging out in Killjoys room. They were all laughing at how frustrated Raze was as Skye taught her how to make miniature wood carvings, such as hers. In fact, she had gotten everyone to try it out Sage carved what seemed to be an actually good looking dragon from what Skye could tell. Killjoy of course carved her turret out of the top, and Raze was trying to carve out a cat, but gave up half way through.

"This is so hard!- How do you do this so often Amiga?" She asked. Sage chuckled.

"Its not hard, it just takes patience."

"But yours actually looks good!" She said with a hint of amazement. Sage smiled proudly.

"Hell yeah mate! Your all doing well, you too Raze." Skye said with a happy smile. Raze put a hand on her shoulder and smiled back. "Just call me Izzie, your one of us now."

"Wheres Jett? Didn't she say she was coming?" Sage asked. Killjoy sighed, taking off her beanie. "She didn't exactly give me a clear answer.." Raze sighed. "Shes probably just gonna sit in her room like usual. But she is upset, cant really blame her."

"Maybe i should check on her. Ill try and bring her back i promise." Kj smiled, got up and headed towards the door.

During the current time, it was about seven o'clock at night. Jett was lying down in her room with the lights off as usual. The sky was dark outside and the streetlights had begun to turn on. The only sources that lit her room were the ones that seeped through her blinds and the hallway light that came from under her door. Her back was facing the door and she would stare out of the cracks the blinds on her window didnt cover. Her eyelids were half closed and her expression seemed a bit blank. The knock on her door wasnt enough to change it, replying with a quiet hum like noise when Kj asked if she could come in.

"Hey there, you doing ok?" Kj asked with a slight smile. Jett slowly turned over to face her. "Yeah, Yeah. I'm fine." She had a fake smile. Kj sighed and sat next to her. "I know your not feeling well.. Come hang out with me and the others, they're all asking about you.. It'll cheer you up, i promise." She held Jetts hand. Jett sighed and started to sit up. Her hair was in a messed up pony tail and she looked as if she had been crying. She wiped her face. "Fine.. Just, keep the attention off me if you can.." Kj had a happy smiles and hugged her, then the two walked out of her room and back towards Kjs.

As Jett walked trough the door raze got up and hugged her tightly. "Awesome i knew you'd come!"

Sage smiled. "Good to see you come out of that room."

Skye looked at Jett with a bit of pity. "I hope you feel more at home with us here. You deserve some good company love." Everyone nodded. Jett gave a subtle smile but it was barely noticeable. She appreciated what Skye said, But in reality it didn't make her feel much better. She went over to Kjs bed and Skye handed her a thick stick of wood.

"Wanna carve some stuff with us?" She asked. Jett looked away and chuckled nervously. "No i dont think id do too well." Raze scoffed. "Look at mine! Im sure you could do way better." Skye chuckled. "It could help you clear your mind. It always does for me." Jett then sighed and took the stick and a carving tool with a smile. "I guess ill try it.."

She was quiet for most of the time, gently carving at the wood while the others talked.

"How do you like it here so far anyway Skye? I bet its nothing like your old home." Killjoy asked, chuckling. "Yeah! Its great here so far. Ive yet to really get to know everyone here, but so far everyones really amazing. You all definitely. Amd your kinda right, i do miss my home. But ive gotta do something to help my people yeah?" She pressed her fist into her hand. Jett smiled a little. She could tell that Skye was a hard worker, she appreciated that.

"Whats yalls view on Yoru? Hes pretty cool for me, though he could use some work. Despite all the crap he says, he couldn't dare break this girl even if he tried." Skye said with a chuckle. Killjoy slightly rolled her eyes. "That Yoru, troublemaker as far as i can see. He reminds me of Phoenix when hes on the battlefield. Proud, doesnt listen to plans." She gave a huff. She was slightly referring to how no one payed attention to the battle plans she usually made. Jett didn't really want to get much into their current conversation, she was more focused on her wood carving, trying to distract herself. It didn't exactly work well.

"Do you ever wonder why he acts the way he does..?" Jett asked quietly. The room was quiet for a few seconds. Raze shrugged. "Not really, though im sure he has a reason.."

"Well, I just know we've all been through something. I mean, how did we all get here? We fucked up somewhere and learnt to deal with it. Now were doing whatever little we can to keep this earth at bay." She said with a huff. Killjoy smiled. "I feel like you know something we don't. Wanna tell? I help with agents who first get here but not even I know some of the things that happened." Jett smiled. "Not sure, he didn't say I couldn't tell anyone but, I kinda want to respect that if he didn't. He would have just said something if he wanted it to get out." Kj nodded. "Ah fine, your right. If he trusted you with that then itll be the first time ive heard of Yoru trusting anyone. You two are kind of similar, in the sense your always hiding something I mean. Very personal, that might be a good thing yknow."

Jett sighed a little. "Yeah.." She didn't say much. Skye looked over at what she had been carving out of the wood, it looked like a rose, which actually didn't look too bad. "That's pretty darn good!-" Skye said in amusement. Raze looked at the rose with awe as well. "That's awesome! Wait- but I thought you hated flowers?" she said with a confused snuff. Jett just shrugged. "I was bored.. this seemed easiest to do.." She said quietly. She was clearly still a little upset, though not as much as she felt earlier. Sage chuckled. "Its ok Jett, if you want to express yourself just do it." She shook her head. "No, ill be fine. I swear." She smiled. "Hey Izzie, how about tomorrow we do that battle Yoru and I teamed up for." Raze had a bit of a worried expression. "Are you sure..? It wouldn't be weird or anything?" Jett sighed and stood up, stretching. "It shouldn't be.. Were all teammates, anything personal should just be set aside if were training right? Im gonna head back in my room. G'night everyone." She walked out of the room. Sage Sighed.

"Shes doing it again, the denial thing.. She'll probably regret what she said come tomorrow. I mean shes fighting against Phoenix, with Yoru on her side. Don't you think theyd argue?" Killjoy shrugged. "Shes shoving everything off like it didn't happen several hours ago.. Shes hurt, but its what she does.. Shes trying to convince herself everything is fine so she can worry about it less and focus on her job. If she can manage to ignore the both of them id be surprised." she said that with a slight laugh. killjoy knew jett. she knew she wouldn't be able to ignore either of them. Mainly phoenix. After what happened she was fairly positive jett wasn't even considering Yoru right now, not after the years Phoenix and her had been building a close relationship right under their own noses.

Everything should work itself out if Jett cant hold out. Maybe I should talk to Yoru.. No, hes not stupid. He probably understands how she feels.

Skye looked at her and raised an eyebrow, curious at Kjs expression. "You alright love?" Sage laughed as Kj finally got out of her trance. "Thats her 'im thinking dont bother me' face. She basically caters to their relationship."

"If Jett can be all mushy because of a guy id feel like a proud mother if i helped them to be happy together. We all know she wouldnt act on her feelings, and i cant just stand back and watch her sad attempts get nowhere." She said proudly with a bright smile. "And like i always say, they cant hate each other forever. Its fairly impossible now with what they've already had. But really, i just want Jett to be happy and express herself more. We are friends after all." Skye smiled.

"Its good to know shes got friends like you Kj." Kj nodded and gave a happy sigh. "She needs them, everyone does. I am a genius after all, im always correct."she fixed her glasses. Though deep inside she was wondering if what she thought of was true. Will everything fix itself? Who would she need to nudge in the right direction? Or was she wrong all together?