Part 10: Confronting the Issue

It had been a few days since her date with Phoenix.
She couldnt get it off her mind. She thought after the fun her and Phoenix had it would eventually just fade from her mind. Though it didn't, and it bothered her. Bite marks.. From who..? Forget who, why? That same day she did notice Reyna coming from the direction his room was in. She walked right past her, her eyes glaring at her as she passed. Just the thought of whatever had been going on being Reynas fault made her pissed. What the hell is she doing to him.. She felt a tap on her shoulder, Killjoy and Brimstone were going over the plans for their next mission since het and Phoenix going out caused them to miss it.
Killjoy looked at her with worry.

"Jett i had asked you a question but you didnt answer it.. I called your name again but you still didnt reply. Is everything alright?"

Jett shook her head. "Yknow, normally id lie about it, but i dont feel the need to. Can we talk?" Killjoy looked over at Brim, waiting for his approval. He sighed an put his hand up, walking out of the room, understanding they wanted privacy. "Thanks Brim!" Killjoy looked back at her. "What's on your mind?" Jett sighed. "Somethings going on with Phoenix. Something he isnt telling me." Killjoy looked at her, a bit confused. "Like what?" She shrugged. "Like why he has bite marks on his neck. And it sounds crazy, but i think Reyna might have something to do with it." Killjoy looked even more confused, though now she was moreso concerned. "I dont know what shes doing but whatever it is it hurts him.. I dont.."

"Want anything to happen to him?" Killjoy cut her off and raised an eyebrow. Jett blushed slightly and looked away. "Y-Yeah.. Hes just hasnt been looking like himself since our date.. When i saw those bite marks i knew something was up. I saw her coming from his room before we went out. And that same day he was having issues." Killjoy shrugged. "The way your describing this, i dont think i have the slightest idea of whats going on. Maybe if you asked him, let him know you noticed something was wrong, maybe he'll talk to you. He trusts you, he should say something." Jett nodded. "Thats if he'll tell me. Ill try and get something out of him though." She got up and walked out the door.

She walked down the hall to Phoenixes room and knocked on the door. "Phoenix? Its me, i uh.. Wanted to check on you." She backed up as the door opened. Phoenix had dark circles under his eyes, he looked exhausted almost. Jett looked up at him in concern. "Woah, You look terrible.. Are you ok? Can i come in?" She asked quietly. He nodded and let her in, not saying anything until the door closed. He sat on the bed, she sat next to him.

"I uh.. Didn't think you'd see me like this." He chuckled a little. His voice was dry and a bit dead sounding. "What happened? Whats wrong?" Phoenix looked at her, seeing the worry in her eyes. "I-Its nothing. I'm just tired is all.." She then scoffed, turning her head. "Yeah.. And those bite marks on your neck are nothing.." He looked a bit shocked, now tugging on his shirt collar that wasnt covering the scars. He looked away. "How long did you know..?"

"Whats going on phoenix?" She dodged the question. He shook his head. "Dont worry about it.." She looked slightly annoyed. "Why shouldn't i? Shit i may push you around a lot but im asking because I care about you. I dont want you hurting yourself because you went off and did something stupid.." She crossed her arms. He sighed and shrugged. "Ive just been helping Reyna.. Shes a bit demanding is all. Its tiring me out. You know that." Jett scoffed. "Tch. I knew that bitch had something to do with it.. Helping her how?" He got quiet, causing Jett to get up and walk to the door. "Alright then. Ill just go talk to Reyna instead."

"No! Wait.. Please, dont confront her about any of this.. Besides, both you and i know you wouldn't walk in there just to talk with her." He grabbed her wrist. She turned around. "Seems you arent as dumb as you look after all. So tell me. What the hell is she making you do?" He looked away once again, not wanting to see her reaction. "She isn't making me do anything.. I help her with her soul devouring problem. Because i can just resurrect myself i, Let her.. eat at my soul until-"