Part 23: Thats it then..

"Im not doing it.." Phoenix sighed. Raze looked at him with disappointment and shock.

"What? But you promised you'd help me train with them.. Come on Phoenix, i would've really liked to train with you too.." Phoenix sighed.

"I know.. I did promise you. But you know me amd Jett arent on good terms right now.. I-I cant see her like this.."

"Phoenix please, do this for me. Do this so i dont feel like the one who caused this break between you two. Just fight her as a teammate, a friend, a rival. Nothing more, unless you want it to be." Raze said with a hint of sadness in her voice. She couldn't house it anymore. And Phoenix was a good friend to her. She felt as if it were her fault for asking the four of them to train together. That favor lead to this entire argument. Phoenix immediately felt bad. It wasn't like raze to feel guilty. And all the same over someone elses problem.

"Im sorry.. I didn't know you felt like threat Izzie. None of this is your fault. Alright, ill join you. If it makes you feel better." He hugged her. She smiled. "Thanks man, your the best Phoenix."

Jett was sitting on the bench inside the room that heald the practice map, practicing her knife accuracy on more targets again as she waited for everyone else to get there. Yoru was already waiting with her, sitting by a wall and playing with the knife Jett never managed to get out of the wall in the training room. He chuckled.

"Good to know i left a mark here. Not even you could take it out."  He said as he stated playing with the knife. Jett shrugged. "Just dont mess me up or get in my way." Yoru scoffed. "Please, i could take the both of them without you." Jett rolled her eyes. She then looked towards the door as Raze walked inside. Jett smiled and waved at her, then put her hand down slowly as Phoenix walked out from behind her. The two locked eyes for a few seconds. She felt her cheeks heat up for a little, until Phoenix looked away in nervousness, rubbing the back of his head.

He blushed a little himself but was able to push it aside. He could hear her sigh of disappointment as he avoided looking at her, which made his heart pang in pity.

Its only been a day and i already miss holding her.. What am i saying? We're here to fight. I shouldn't be worried about that. Besides, this is for Izzie. Not me. Not her. I told her it was fine for them to date anyway.. Its not like i can change how she feels..

He felt a tap in his shoulder, That being Raze.

"Hey phoenix? You alright? Yoru said hes agreed to fighting me first since Jett beat me last time. I wanna best her last." She chucked. Phoenix shrugged, a bit nervous. "Y-Yeah sure. I can handle her." He then walked over to Jett, looking down at her and then putting his hand out to pull her up off the ground. 

"Hey, Raze says she wants to fight you last, something about besting you." He chuckled, trying to hide his nervousness. "Guess were stuck together again.." Jett looked at him with a slightly neutral expression, hesitating to take his hand. She just got up herself and put her hand on her shoulder. "Yeah. Seems like we cant get rid of each other." She said with a hint of sadness. "Can we put what happened behind us? At least, for this fight?" She asked softly, not looking at him. "I dont want this affecting our.." He sighed cutting her off.

"Maybe you should tell that to yourself.. Can we just fight like we used to?" He asked, clearly not trying to talk about their breakup.

"Sure. Whatever, im sorry." She said firmly as she put her knife into her pocket and walking away with her head low. Phoenix watched her, shrugging it off with an upset frown.

A few minutes had passed and both Yoru and Jett were on Defense. Yoru looked at Jett, noticing that she didnt seem as motivated as she usually would.