Part 13: Try Again Later

Phoenix woke up once again with his covers on the floor and and sweat on his face. His eyes were pinned open and it looked like he had a rough night. Yep.. Nightmares are back.. He pulled himself out of bed and straightened himself up, heading outside with the burnt up notepad and a pen.

He walked into the kitchen and put on a pot of tea for himself. Sova and Sage both walked into the kitchen, to their surprise seeing phoenix up so early.

"Strange seeing you up so early. You usually wake up pretty late." Sage said with a smile. "Something on your mind?" Sova asked. Phoenix sighed softly. Yeah everythings been on my mind since last night.

"No im just thinking about how to get Jett to talk with me again." He was writing ideas down in the notebook while they were talking to him. Sova looked at the damage that was done to it, then looked up at phoenix with concern. "Phoenix.. Are you okay?" He then looked up and then at the notebook. He nodded and chuckled nervously. "Y-Yeah im fine. D-Dont worry this was an accident, Hehe.." He said putting the notebook to the side and sitting it down. Sage looked concern herself, asking him about it. "Accident? Phoenix if you burn something on 'accident' somethings clearly triggering it. Does Jett still have your jacket? You could go and get it back from her." Phoenix then looked surprised.

"Your right..! How come i never thought of that?" He said as he poured himself a cup of tea. Sage and Sova both looked at him in confusion. "You never thought of getting your jacket..?" Sova asked. Phoenix shook his head. "No not like that. I mean using that to get a chance to talk to her! I mean she cant refuse giving me my jacket back if i need it can she?" Sage chucked a little in confusion. "If thats what you think will work then, sure, go for it." He nodded and sat down his coffee and walked out of the kitchen and up to her room door. Maybe i should wait.. No, she should be up by now.. He then hesitantly knocked on the door.

Jett was sitting up in bed. She looked over at the door as a knock came from it. She got up, tiredly answering it. "Ngh.. Who's knocking at my door already..? Oh.. You." She looked up to see a nervous Phoenix who was looking down at her with a slight smile.

"Did i wake you? Im sorry." He said apologetically. She sighed. "No.." He looked at her, his nervous face relaxed a bit at the sight of her. She cut his daydreaming short by snappishly responding to him. "Did you need something?" She sounded annoyed. He shook his head and snapped back to the present. "Y-Yeah uh, i wanted to ask you if you still had my jacket..? I uh.." He showed her the notebook. She gasped and then looked up at him in concern. "Of course i still have the jacket, what did you do?! Are you ok?" She sounded worried. He chuckled nervously. "No, No im fine. It didn't get any worse than this. Thankfully." He said scratching his head. "This is why i said you should've kept it.. You idiot.." She let him inside the room and started looking for the jacket. To him it still seemed like she cared. Maybe i havent completely ruined anything.

"So.. Have you been doing ok? Ive been wanting to talk to you.. Lately.." Jett sighed. "Is that the real reason you came here? To try and bargain with me?"

"No..! N-Not entirely.." He said timidly.

She scoffed and stopped looking for the jacket, sitting down on the bed. "Well make it quick. Im not gonna sit here and listen to you talk for hours." Phoenix looked off. "I just want to figure out a way i could get you to accept my apology.. I know, i was being stupid, but.." Jetts sigh cut him off. "Being clueless is pretty common for you isnt it?" She snorted and went back to looking for the jacket.

"You know i didnt want to hurt you.. You know that.." He walked closer to her. She snapped her head back around, trying to avoid him. "I dont know anything now. How am i supposed to know how your feeling? How am i supposed to know how you feel about me if you shut me down and laugh it off? Your not being clear enough with me, and i question if you even cared as much as i do from the beginning." Phoenix looked at her with sadness in his eyes. She got up and gave him the jacket.

"Here.." She said as she handed it to him. He took it quietly, avoiding her eyes and face in general. Jett looked up at him, feeling a pang in her chest at his unexpected and quiet reaction. It wasnt like him, she wasnt used to seeing him so quiet. She moved to touch his arm but felt heat beginning to radiate from his skin. She pulled her hand away and sighed.

"You should go.."

I dont want to see you like this..

"Y-Yeah.. Ill see you later..?" He kept quiet, not expecting a response. He then left the room, closing the door behind him. He sighed and walked down the hall and back into his room. He lied on the bed, sitting his jacket next to him. How am i gonna fix this..

He turned over on his side.

I mean sure, we've had arguments before.. Were rivals after all. But, shes never been seriously mad at me like this..

He turned back on his back. Then sat up.

I need her to understand.. I really do need her..

He heard a knock on the door, followed by an uninvited walk into his room. He then saw Sova, looking at him with worry on his face. "I knew you talking to Jett wouldn't have turned out the way you hoped.. Thank god your room isnt on fire." He chucked nervously. Thats when Sage appeared from behind the tall man. "We just wanted to check and see if you were ok.." Phoenix chuckled, though his exhausted expression didnt favor his reaction much.

"Yeah im good.. I should've expected her to be like that yeah?" He sighed. Sage and Sova both looked at each other and then walked over to him, sitting down on opposite sides of him to give him a hug. "You'll get her back Phoenix. I know Jett. She may be mad now but she cant keep this up forever." He frowned. "But how long can she..?" Sage smiled. "If you need help were both here for you. Just dont freak out okay? Things will get better and i swear it." They both got up. Phoenix then looked up at them, getting an idea.

"Actually.. I do need something from you. Can you and Sova get Killjoy and Raze for me? All in the living room? Maybe Viper too if She feels like coming." Sova nodded. "Sure, what do you have in mind?" He shrugged. "Im not too sure myself.." He chucked.

A few hours had passed, everyone was sitting in the living room. Phoenix walked and sat down on the couch, all eyes on him. He scratched his head as he started to speak. "Hey everybody. I uh.. I need you guy's help. Yknow.. By now everyone probably knows theres a bit of tension, between Jett and I and well.. I need your help.." Killjoy smiled hearing those words come out of his mouth.

"My genius is always busy but, i can squeeze some time in for your little puppy love issues." She giggled.

"What do you need done? If its for Jett im down!" Raze said excited.

Viper sighed. "You two and your problems make me sick. And thats coming from someone who works with toxins. Lets just get this cutesy shit over with and get ready for christmas already."

Sage and Sova both smiled.

"We already agreed to helping you Phoenix. Just tell us what you want us to do." Sova said sweetly.

He cleared his throat. "Well, I have been trying to talk to her but of course she isnt trying to take anything from me. Which is, understandable.." He chuckled nervously. "I want your help in getting her to talk to me again. She helps me with so many things she has no idea about and.. I-I need her. She makes me happy. I havent told her any of this yet but, im willing to now if it means she'll stop being upset with me.."

Killjoy had a happy smile on her face, playfully punching him in the shoulder. "Well its about time!" Raze laughed. "Its good you finally admit it! I thought i would've had to make you realize it!" Viper smiled gently and shrugged. "What an idiot. You were just afraid to tell her this whole time werent you?" He nodded quietly.

"I wasnt sure about how she felt.. Shes not like other girls ive been with, shes a bit difficult i guess." He smiled. "So you'll all help me right?" Everyone nodded in agreement. "Well in that case, id like your hear your ideas." I hope this works. Whatever we come up with..